Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm very sure it's been covered in the forums already but I don't just want the answer, like most jeep guys, I want pics!

I've read that you can get away with 35" without a lift on a JK with little or no rubbing, that's fine but how does it look? I'm going to be going 35"s with a 1.5" - 2" lift but still curious about how it'd look with the lift.

So, anyone out there with a pic and is willing to share, I'd like to see them.

Thanks in advance folks!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Is that a young Dagwood in your avatar? Please, say it ain't so...:)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Oh. Well that's okay then. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Subscribed. I'd like to see them too.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
That's a "low center of gravity" build. You'll need flat flares and new wheels at a minimum. I believe you need to trim the pinch seam as well, and the rock rails if you've got a Rubi.

·
Registered
113 Posts
35s will rub with no lift.

You can get away with no lift 35s and flat fenders, although I would put at least 1.5" lift on the JKU.

You would also need new wheels with proper BS 4.5 or less, or 1.5 wheel spacers.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, it's the lil'dude from Fallout, however, I really did get a kick out a young Dagwood character. Some sorta Dagwood prequel. <shivers>

Ok, so there'll be rubbing, fair enough. Let's keep this going, does anybody have a rig with 35"s with a 1.5. Still will be going with a 2" probably but wanna see some pics!

Cheers

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
A 1.5 leveling kit, flat flares, trimmed pinchseam/rails, spacers/new wheels, and extended bumpstops would allow you to get away with 35s. Here is a pic of a stock '12 Sport with 35" MTR-Ks. Don't know how much he drove around like this though, as he has a 2.5 TF coil kit installed now.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Hmm...the flats do look nice on her, but yeah, 2" really does seem the way to go. Don't let that stop folks from posting pics!

Cheers,
Like the guy above said, no flat fenders on that JK. Just trying to show you what 35s look like on a totally stock rig.

And a stock spare. :rolleyes:
He has matching full size spare now. Not sure why he has it mounted backwards on the holder, but at least its full size. haha

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Short list of parts you may want to consider before installing 35" tires if you keep your suspension stock.
Assuming you plan to go off road that is, if not disregard and tire on up.

4.10 or lower ring and pinion front and rear.
Extended bump stops.
Swaybar disconnects.
Extended brake lines all the way around.
Wheel spacers or new rims with different backspacing.
Flat fenders.
Mud flaps, laws varys state to state on tire coverage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts