Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to upgrade to 35" tires. I have a 2.5" TF spring lift and rugged ridge high clearance fenders. Will the pinch seams need to be trimmed or will the wheels for no problem.

I've been looking around on Discount tire but I haven't found much yet.

I have General At2s on now and wouldn't mind keeping the same brand. I was also hoping to upgrade the rims to have some decent back spacing to avoid spacers.

Any suggestions where to look and how much I should plan to spend?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm planning to upgrade to 35" tires. I have a 2.5" TF spring lift and rugged ridge high clearance fenders. Will the pinch seams need to be trimmed or will the wheels for no problem.

I've been looking around on Discount tire but I haven't found much yet.

I have General At2s on now and wouldn't mind keeping the same brand. I was also hoping to upgrade the rims to have some decent back spacing to avoid spacers.

Any suggestions where to look and how much I should plan to spend?
I trimmed my pinch seams with 35s but I'm not sure it was absolutely necessary. However, it was a breeze with a sawzall and gave me piece of mind that I wouldn't rip into my new tires when flexing.

Different tires will vary in size so you can probably wait until you decide on a tire before making a decision on whether to trim. My Goodyear MTRs (from Discount Tire) measure about 34.25" which is larger than most. Many 35s are 34" or even smaller when mounted.

I'm sold on Discount Tire. They've treated me well and I use the lifetime rotation and balancing, and rotate every 5000 miles when i change my oil. With larger tires, you'll want to make sure to have them balanced regularly, especially if you go off-road.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be fine without trimming the pinch seam. Normally you would need to cut that if you were running the 2.5" lift with 37's. We offer a pretty good selection of wheels and tires of you need help with this as well. Jeremy
What price area would I be looking at for 35s (at2s or something comparable) with basic black rims with backspacing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did 315/75-16 Cooper St maxx. They also make it in 35-12.5-17. They have been great on 3,000 mile round trip to Colorado for trail riding. Not loud, good grip in rain and snow.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I highly recommend using discount tire for your tires. Their no questions asked tire warranty has come in handy a few times in the past.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Didn't they take care of the pinch seam? I seem to remember that in 2013 or 14 Jeep modified the pinch seam and it's no longer an issue.

Discount Tire will take care of you. I ordered Fierce tires through Discount Tire Direct (made by Goodyear but not Duratracs). I wasn't happy. They had a hard time balancing them at my local DT. They swapped them out and gave me Duratracs and they didn't charge me the difference for my trouble. Great company.

BTW, Duratracs are fantastic tires and about the lightest 35 you can find at only 60 pounds. ON the higher side price wise but worth it IMHO.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I highly recommend using discount tire for your tires. Their no questions asked tire warranty has come in handy a few times in the past.
+1 Discount Tire has fixed me up several times with tire issues and they went above and beyond assisting with a tire vibration (over a period of weeks) that turned out to be a bad wheel. I will always use Discount Tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts