Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my goal is to get 35" tires on my jeep. I have about 800 saved so far. I have researched a good bit on different ways to get them. Just wanted to hear your opinions. I don't drive my jeep alot at all and don't take it on many trails. Maybe small trials later on, but nothing major. I'm not worried about gas but I am as far as wear and tear on my suspension. So do you guys think a puck lift would be lift or leave suspension alone and just add fender flares?? It is mostly for looks, so I would like to save as much money as possible, but I don't want something that mess my jeep up either. Any help is appreciated. Give me price range I will need to be in as well to get it done please. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Ok, so my goal is to get 35" tires on my jeep. I have about 800 saved so far. I have researched a good bit on different ways to get them. Just wanted to hear your opinions. I don't drive my jeep alot at all and don't take it on many trails. Maybe small trials later on, but nothing major. I'm not worried about gas but I am as far as wear and tear on my suspension. So do you guys think a puck lift would be lift or leave suspension alone and just add fender flares?? It is mostly for looks, so I would like to save as much money as possible, but I don't want something that mess my jeep up either. Any help is appreciated. Give me price range I will need to be in as well to get it done please. Thanks everyone.
2.5" TeraFlex budget boost with 35s will work great for you. That's all you need.
Quick easy and cost effective.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I ran 35 MTRs on a 15 inch rim. Love it. Here's me with NO lift. Then the photo after is me on the Rock Krawler 3.5 flex kit. With what your saying, just for looks, I like the Low Center of Gravity look. But I love the taller look with me Rock Krawler 3.5.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had my eye on the Tera flex stuff. They look really good. I will check the or prices again for the budget boost though. Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2.5" TeraFlex budget boost with 35s will work great for you. That's all you need.
Quick easy and cost effective.
I started thinking that no lift and just fender flares would be the safest way keeping the angles all stock for the most part. And might save some money. But then I saw the prices of fender flares. Lol. I'm liking either way at this point. Your jeep looks great with and without the lift. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran 35 MTRs on a 15 inch rim. Love it. Here's me with NO lift. Then the photo after is me on the Rock Krawler 3.5 flex kit. With what your saying, just for looks, I like the Low Center of Gravity look. But I love the taller look with me Rock Krawler 3.5.

So I have seen some fenders that I like for around 400 on 4wheelparts. However the questions and answers section states a 2 inch lift is "recommended.' If I don't go on many trails though this shouldn't be an issue with out it correct? If so I might as well just go with the TeraFlex kit. Hopefully fender flares aren't to bad to install....

Also, can I run 35s on my stock 18" Sahara wheel?? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
A good, inexpensive way to 35's is the RC Series 2 budget boost at $180.00. Takes a 1/2 day if driveway wrenching. Throw on some wheel spacers and your set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A good, inexpensive way to 35's is the RC Series 2 budget boost at $180.00. Takes a 1/2 day if driveway wrenching. Throw on some wheel spacers and your set.
So your talking about the suspension II. Lift for 180? 2.5 inch? And I won't need the optional shocks right?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cameron.... did you get my message? I'm not sure if my messages are working properly. It keeps saying error....

·
Registered
596 Posts
So I have seen some fenders that I like for around 400 on 4wheelparts. However the questions and answers section states a 2 inch lift is "recommended.' If I don't go on many trails though this shouldn't be an issue with out it correct? If so I might as well just go with the TeraFlex kit. Hopefully fender flares aren't to bad to install....

Also, can I run 35s on my stock 18" Sahara wheel?? Thanks again.
35s rub like crazy without a lift and only Bushwacker fender flares.

The install is a real pain.

You can run them on your stock wheels. But you will have to use spacers.

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
I think you could work a little combination...

Think about the Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit, a set of XRC fender flares and a set of 1.5 wheel spacers... Economical, close to stock and easy to do. Less than $600 before tires.

Then choose a tire like a 305/65-18 KO2 that is just a little smaller than a 35 but not visually... Minimize rub and perform quite well. Could still do the 35's too.

Teraflex 1155200 - Teraflex Leveling Kit for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Smittybilt 76837 - Smittybilt XRC Fender Flares in Black for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Synergy Manufacturing 4113-5-50H - Synergy Manufacturing Hubcentric Wheel Spacers for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK, 99-04 Grand Cherokee WJ - Quadratec

https://www.treaddepot.com/#!productDetail/tireStandardFitment/B08017

·
Registered
37 Posts
35s rub like crazy without a lift and only Bushwacker fender flares. The install is a real pain. You can run them on your stock wheels. But you will have to use spacers.
I have 35s and the Xenon wide flat flares right now with no lift and have no rubbing. Had to tweak the bump stops slightly but that's it. Install for the flares took about half a day. Highly recommend a heated area and a friend to help.

image-3086076777.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
10-4. Thanks guys. I will let you know what I come up with shortly. I appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Trim your own fenders and get the look that you want. Been running 35s with no lift, trimmed fenders and wheel adapters (spacers) for over a year and no rubbing. Its the wife's jeep but we take that out in the mountains all the time. Never wheeling too hard or anything, forrest roads and some rocky stuff to get to our fishing spot... Should work just fine for you, and save you $100.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
So your talking about the suspension II. Lift for 180? 2.5 inch? And I won't need the optional shocks right?
Sorry - I didn't see your follow up question.

This is one of the "go to" spacer lifts. It'll give you some extra room for tires, increase your belly clearance a bit and generally retain stock handling and ride. Cost is $180.00. Install takes a 1/2 to full day in the driveway for the casual wrench monkey. Probably only a couple hours if your good. The kit is complete including brake line relocation brackets, shock extenders and sway bar links.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-634-7.html?gclid=CKLFqoWP_8kCFRRlfgodBacA-A

Add in some wheel spacers and your good to go with 35's on stock wheels (from what I understand and based on my measurements)

When choosing tires for a daily driver/close to stock set up be sure to consider weight and width that will be big factors in drive, handling and wear and tear on suspension and steering.

We all seem to look for tire height, because it's cool. 35's generally bump you into 12.5 width bringing along additional weight. In my opinion the ideal tire for a dual purpose JKU would be a reasonably light weight aggressive all terrain as close to 35" in height but at 11-11.5" in width.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trim your own fenders and get the look that you want. Been running 35s with no lift, trimmed fenders and wheel adapters (spacers) for over a year and no rubbing. Its the wife's jeep but we take that out in the mountains all the time. Never wheeling too hard or anything, forrest roads and some rocky stuff to get to our fishing spot... Should work just fine for you, and save you $100.
Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry - I didn't see your follow up question.

This is one of the "go to" spacer lifts. It'll give you some extra room for tires, increase your belly clearance a bit and generally retain stock handling and ride. Cost is $180.00. Install takes a 1/2 to full day in the driveway for the casual wrench monkey. Probably only a couple hours if your good. The kit is complete including brake line relocation brackets, shock extenders and sway bar links.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-634-7.html?gclid=CKLFqoWP_8kCFRRlfgodBacA-A

Add in some wheel spacers and your good to go with 35's on stock wheels (from what I understand and based on my measurements)

When choosing tires for a daily driver/close to stock set up be sure to consider weight and width that will be big factors in drive, handling and wear and tear on suspension and steering.

We all seem to look for tire height, because it's cool. 35's generally bump you into 12.5 width bringing along additional weight. In my opinion the ideal tire for a dual purpose JKU would be a reasonably light weight aggressive all terrain as close to 35" in height but at 11-11.5" in width.
10-4. Thanks trailcrawler.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I found a set of used 35 inch tires and a stock set of 17 inch wheels from another jeep. I plan to buy both today and have the tires put on the 17 inch wheels and sell my 180 as finding a 35 inch tire was hard for a good price. With the 17s, will I still need spacers?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't quote me on this but typically everyone that uses stock wheels with a 35" tire uses spacers. I would suggest listing the tire size so we could be more helpful to your question. If you need spacers look at spidertrax or similar. Make sure you pull of the little washer looking things too. If you don't it won't set correct and cause problems later down the road. Also use lock tight on the bolts and torque to spec. You might know a lot of this already but better safe than sorry I suppose. Hopefully we can help.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts