Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tring to find out the what year the engine was made. I know it is a 5.7 350. I found 14093638 on the passenger side of the motor and F211 on the driver side. I I have looked everywhere for the vin but i cant find it. I know that the engine was made anywhere from 86-94 but I would like to know the exact year. I assume that the F211 is the casting stamp but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
sblane82 said:
I am tring to find out the what year the engine was made. I know it is a 5.7 350. I found 14093638 on the passenger side of the motor and F211 on the driver side. I I have looked everywhere for the vin but i cant find it. I know that the engine was made anywhere from 86-94 but I would like to know the exact year. I assume that the F211 is the casting stamp but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
The 140# seems like it could be, but the casting number does not always indicate the year it was made. There is ( if im remembering correctly) a date code stamped on the block behind the timing set.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
camarozz said:
The 140# seems like it could be, but the casting number does not always indicate the year it was made. There is ( if im remembering correctly) a date code stamped on the block behind the timing set.
Oh an nastyz28.com is another site with good info on chevy casting numbers and date codes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have looked on that site. What does the F211 represent. Is it the block casting number? What does it mean. Im guessing that it means the block was made

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
sblane82 said:
I have looked on that site. What does the F211 represent. Is it the block casting number? What does it mean. Im guessing that it means the block was made
The casting number is typically behind the head on the drivers side, f211 on the drivers side makes me wonder what part of the motor on the drivers side. I will take some time here shortly to see if i can find those.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
are you sure its F211, or could it be F0211?

F could be Flint, and 211 could be Feb 11th.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im pretty sure F211 is correct. I found it on the back of the motor on driver side. I will look again. When I get home. I will try and post pics also

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Yeah, center bolt valve covers are normal for the listed year, so your 140X is the casting number for the block built in '86-94(?).

You may have to remove your timing cover and look there, sometimes there are date codes stamped on the block there, and sometimes there is a date code on the stamped on the front of the motor passenger side at the point where the head meets the deck.

So far I havent found what the F211 stands for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for your help. Where the numbers should be front of the motor (passenger) side appears to be machined.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry to get off track, but what are you using for your engine replacement guide? I'm thinking about the sbc 350 but can't seem to find a definitive guide. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts