Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I traded a guy my mustang for a 95 wrangler with a chevy 350 in it. It has the 4 barrel carb. After driving it for like 2 hours, the exhaust pipes started pouring out smoke. Ya, got a great deal.... So my question is, can I replace the carburated 350 with a fuel injected one? How much more work/modification would this require? This is going to be my first engine swap, so I'm just trying to figure out which route to go. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
MHjk said:
what color smoke? still running? maybe it is running rich? blew a head gasket? does the engine still run?
That's what I was thinking. Also the person who owned it before you could have ran injection cleaner or something like that. That would.make it smoke. Check your hard gasket with a presser tester. Also you can check it by makeing sure the engine is cool then take off the radiator cap. Start it and see if the coolant bubbles. If it does probley a blown head gasket. If it is still running run your tank down to almost empty the fill it back up and run it for a while and see what it does. If that dosnt work check carb. Like the other person said could be running rich. If that dosnt work then I can't help you that's past my knowledge.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Run a simple vacuum test. That will tell you a lot of information and would determine a blown head gasket or other problems. What kind of carburetor is it? These kinds of details, and the ones asked of you from up above helps us, help you. Let us know. And don't be discouraged... this could be a real simple fix.

Take care,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts