Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy at work has a running 350 sitting in his garage and needs tires and rims for his explorer and it just so happened that i just took off a full set of explorer rims and tires off of my yj so i said id trade him for the tires and rims+100 bucks for the engine and he has a turbo 350 trans he might throw in.

Now my question is do you guys think id be in over my head to try and get parts together to swap out my 4 cyl for a good 350?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nope, it would def be worth it. Just figure out everything you need.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i know id need basically a whole new driveline but i dont know what kinds or what kinda gears would be best. And this wouldnt be done for awhile itd be a drawn out project

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Jake,

I put a Chevy V6 in my 1992 YJ. It was a "frame up" restoration/rebuild. Check out my signature below and you will see my "build info." It is basically the exact same build you want to do except for the engine mounts... your would be easier. Check it out.

Take care,

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my only problem is i have 2k. i like to save 1k just incase something breaks or happens so i only have really 900 for everything i would need which really wouldnt be enough so id need to continue working to get some more but its hard to save with how many hours i get since im still in school( im only 18) but i hate the sound of 4 cylinders and ive ALWAYS loved the rumble of a v8 since i knew what a car was haha i grew up with gear head parents. But they dont let me go forth with projects and my dad and i never get along meaning im on my own on this whole project, so ill need time

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alright let me be honest with you because I just did my first build and if I could go back and change what I spent money on I would. U need to sit down and price everything then u need to set aside 500 to 1000 on random things your going to break things u didn't expect and things might not always work out like you think but it's alright that's y they call them projects if u have any questions just let me know I'd be glad to help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Well my only problem is i have 2k. i like to save 1k just incase something breaks or happens so i only have really 900 for everything i would need which really wouldnt be enough so id need to continue working to get some more but its hard to save with how many hours i get since im still in school( im only 18) but i hate the sound of 4 cylinders and ive ALWAYS loved the rumble of a v8 since i knew what a car was haha i grew up with gear head parents. But they dont let me go forth with projects and my dad and i never get along meaning im on my own on this whole project, so ill need time
Im thinking 2k isnt gonna be enough. :)

Unless you can get all your parts used and super cheap. At a minimum you need to change out your rear end as well. It may survive for a while, but its not an "if" its a "when".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts