Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so i have 3500$ for a new suspension and tires and i wanted to get some opinions on what you guys would do to get the best set up for the money i have. i was thinking a 3.25 RE lift with 33s but i want to hear what you guys have to say.thanks yall :punk:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
if i had 3500 bucks, i get the OME 2.5 lift, JKS 1.25 BL and MML. 33" duratracs, procomp series 52 wheels and if i had money left over i'd get a SYE just in case.

·
Registered
956 Posts
whatabout regearing for the 33's

whats your current setup.

The OME 2.5" is the best at about $800

look at DPGoffroad also

33" BFG KM2's are about $800
a regear for the axles is about $1000-$1200

and still have change let over
$3500 can do alot if all you want is a little lift

if your gonna regear do it right,what engine,tranny you running?

·
Registered
817 Posts
x2 on 2.5 OME + 1.25 BL + MML

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why choose the OME 2.5 inch over some other 4 inch kit that replaces the control arms and the like?
Just enough lift to clear 33's..and with the BL, and mml, it will retain a good lower CG while giving good clearance/flex for the trails..and maybe even TT it for more clearance..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just bought Duratrac 33x12.5 on MT Classic II wheels, and having a Rough Country 4" lift and SYE and drive shaft installed for $3200.

Would do the lift myself but the SYE is over my head.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now I'm just running stock and I wanna make sure when I do my lift I do it right the first time. Im new to the jeep community sobi still have a lot to learn I thought you only had to regear if u were 4in it bigger

·
Registered
412 Posts
Right now I'm just running stock and I wanna make sure when I do my lift I do it right the first time. Im new to the jeep community sobi still have a lot to learn I thought you only had to regear if u were 4in it bigger
regaering has nothing to do with how much lift you have, its what size tires you put on after the lift, you can always regear later. i would get a lift and tires first then regear next time you have extra cash..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
regaering has nothing to do with how much lift you have, its what size tires you put on after the lift, you can always regear later. i would get a lift and tires first then regear next time you have extra cash..
Yea that's prob what I will end up doing

·
Registered
248 Posts
Why would you not upgrade stuff like axles, gears, brakes, ect.. first? Then lift it and larger tires, so you are not risking something breaking and screwing yourself while your waiting for some extra cash. :confused:

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
I totally agree with Coastiejeep. Yeah, you don't the immediate gratification of seeing those big tires right away, but you have a solid foundation to work from. Before I started my build I figured out what I wanted to be able to do, then what it would take to do it, and then started with the axles and brakes. Then accumulated or fabricated what I wanted for the lift, then got the tires and did the actual lift. Never had any problems, (well, maybe one or two), but everything worked out the way I wanted it to. Besides, planning is a good, cheap way to kill a long winter...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sometimes I regret going to 33s and not saving up more and jumping to 35s to start. But that was after I found out I have a d44 rear end.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
4" of lift is not needed for 33's.

OP, how much have you wheeled your jeep? I ask because depending on how you wheel or what you want out of your jeep will determine what you need to do. Maybe you find that you want 35's or 33's will do. I would suggest that you wheel stock for a while and mod to the terrian and trails that you will be running. Don't throw money at it until you get a taste of what it can do stock and know what your goal is.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya i was planning on wheeling stock for a good while just to get used to it make sure i see all the things im dealing with i dont make to much money so i dont think i will be doing any super intense rock crawling out of the fear or breaking things and not having the money to replace them. but i do plan for some good off rouading some mudding forest trails things like that. now that people are starting to mention the axles and gears im thinking i may do that first then save some more for a lift and tires. also i was looking at the jeep tonight wjile i was cleaning it and it looks a little high then stock to me i never noticed before really because i only just got it in my garage i mean its sitting on 31s and has plenty of room i will try to get pictures up tomorrow.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I personally am going with the 1.25" BL and 1"MML. I'm going to put that setup on this weekend. I'll stick with the 30" tires I have on there now (which really measure 28"). This summer I'll get the 2.5" OME and some 33 mud tires with some soft 8 rims. I'm going with that setup because it's less stress on the driveshafts and the 1.25"BL is hardly noticeable like a 3" BL is. So you get the height to clear 33s without the headaches of drivetrain problems.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts