Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what people think, can I get 35's on my 2016 Wrangler Unlimted Rubi, with no lift and Rock hard full width bumper and rock hard rear bumper with tire carrier?

Ive been told I can get the 35s on stock but dont know if the extra weight of the bumpers would make it impractical.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Curious what people think, can I get 35's on my 2016 Wrangler Unlimted Rubi, with no lift and Rock hard full width bumper and rock hard rear bumper with tire carrier?

Ive been told I can get the 35s on stock but dont know if the extra weight of the bumpers would make it impractical.
I just did this with a 2.5" lift, never rubbed the front without spacers. The rear would not turn without spacers. My front fender rubs at the top when flexed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
How about 285 70 18 with aftermarket wheels and no lift?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think they r 34'

·
Registered
837 Posts
How about 285 70 18 with aftermarket wheels and no lift?

Dude. Go buy a saw from orchard supply/home depot. Cut the fenders, remove the liners and front air dam and your done in like 45 minutes. Then return the saw if you are cheap.

Then you can fit 35's just fine.

When you disconnect and do some extreme articulation you will rub the tires on the fenders. I havent tore off a flare yet. but it looks good, drives like stock but slow (tall tires) and goes anywhere I go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion!! I was thinking to get a lift kit on February but i thought i can drive the jeep with those tires on street (no offroad) for just two months.. so my real question is.. can i fit 285 70 15 on road for 2 months or just wait until i get my lift kit? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not trying to be an a$$ here but if we were like; yes to 35s and no lift why would you think we would say no to 285s? I say run the 35s! My wife has had 35s and no lift since we got her jeep and haul wood with it, getting it to squat, we bust into the mountains with it... There are times when we have disconnected the sway bars and haven't rubbed but I will say that we are not "serious" off roaders.

Then when you get your lift you don't say... Man I should have bought 35s... I bought 33's for my jeep and when they sit side by side I wish I would have spent the extra$ and bought 35s.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Leveling kit for the bumper weight plus a wheel with good backspacing works .I have a teraflex leveling kit and 15 inch level 8 trackers (3.75 backspace).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not trying to be an a$$ here but if we were like; yes to 35s and no lift why would you think we would say no to 285s? I say run the 35s! My wife has had 35s and no lift since we got her jeep and haul wood with it, getting it to squat, we bust into the mountains with it... There are times when we have disconnected the sway bars and haven't rubbed but I will say that we are not "serious" off roaders.

Then when you get your lift you don't say... Man I should have bought 35s... I bought 33's for my jeep and when they sit side by side I wish I would have spent the extra$ and bought 35s.
Man brother I am afraid of that same exact scenario, I am debating wether to go with 33's or 35's concern about ride quality, comfort, etc. Had a bad experience before with my previous 2Dr JK but then again, I purchased mud tires and Rockstar wheels but at that time I didn't know what the hell I was doing, I just got into a modding fever and went all out and I based all of my decisions on a local shops recommendation. NEVER again~ Many guys tell me that if I go with 33's I will end up with 35's lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Correct, NADA, no spacers, no level kit, just pintlers and stock shocks, springs are factory 16 front 52 rear, does rub if you hit a pot hole or speed bump running.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts