Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 2.5 inch lift on my 2 door jk 6 speed and I'm getting 315x75x16 tires and want to know is it really that bad with 3.21 gears? I've heard it isn't but it's still slow but bearable. Let's hear your thoughts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I will be doing it. I think if you have the 3.6L with a 6speed in a flat area you will be okay.

It will be slow. But....I mean I do not anticipate it to be any worse than some of the other vehicles I have owned. I have a mint 1974 ford pinto with a 2.0L and 4 speed. I drive it allover the place just fine.

Jeep wont be anymore "sluggish" than that by my calculations. But. It wont be like the ford lightning I had either.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oh point being the hills will require mandatory downshifts and 6th will be worthless except on I5 drafting a truck lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh point being the hills will require mandatory downshifts and 6th will be worthless except on I5 drafting a truck lol
yea I already downshift on hills I feel like I'm ruining the engine bogging up a hill on 4th, as long as it won't make me hate my jeep I'm pumped for it

·
Registered
837 Posts
I am doing it. 35" mtr's with cut fenders the day after I pick my jeep up.

Yep it will be slow. Who cares, its a jeep ;)

Plus with the stick just rev it a bit more and slip the clutch! Or hold a gear for 2 seconds longer or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts