Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed, but wanted to get some very specific advice. I'm looking to put Ridge Grappler 35X13.5r20s with Fuel Vector (-18 backspacing) wheels on my JKU 2013 Sahara. Use = road, beach, and some trails, but no heavy off-roading.

My first option is fender flares with their associated liners. I was hoping I could simply get away with this. I don't really like the look when the wheel well has a ton of space between the tire and the fender.

My second option would be to do the above but add a 1.5 inch leveling kit to the front to get rid of the rake.

My third option is keeping the OEM fenders and adding a 2.5 inch RK lift kit.

My two concerns are fitting the Jeep in my standard garage and rubbing.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,959 Posts
I know this has been discussed, but wanted to get some very specific advice. I'm looking to put Ridge Grappler 35X13.5r20s with Fuel Vector (-18 backspacing) wheels on my JKU 2013 Sahara. Use = road, beach, and some trails, but no heavy off-roading.

My first option is fender flares with their associated liners. I was hoping I could simply get away with this. I don't really like the look when the wheel well has a ton of space between the tire and the fender.

My second option would be to do the above but add a 1.5 inch leveling kit to the front to get rid of the rake.

Any help is appreciated.
-18 isn't a backspace measurement, sounds more like off set. But without knowing your wheel width I can't tell you if it will fit.

For a 13.5" wide tire you'll need 3.5" BS or less. 4.5" BS will work but it will rub your frame rail and sway bar up front.

Lift brands are hotly debated, personally I like all the major players; Teraflex, RK, Metal Cloak, AEV, etc. IMO if you're not off roading then go with a lift where the control arms don't require maintenance. I've installed the WF Teraflex lift on a couple of Jeeps with the Rancho CA brackets, the drive/ride are incredible, better than stock IMO and it uses the factory control arms so it's maintenance free.

LINK

If you use the 5000XL shock it comes in under 1k.
Here's a pic of my wife's with that lift and a 315/70/17 tire (35)

Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
3.5" AEV lift with 1.5" wheel spacers with 35" wheel/tire combo should clear a 7' garage door and does ride better than OEM. At least my setup does:iamhappy:

·
Registered
244 Posts

Any help is appreciated.
If you do these tires let us know. I am also considering the Ridge Grappler 35x12.50x18. I want to find some others with these F rated tires before I go with them. Want to make sure the ride is not like a covered wagon. I had a chance to compare both e rated Toyos and the F Rated Ridge Grapplers side wall side by side at a dealer awhile back. There was some give on that e rated tire. There was definitely a difference with that F rated just by pulling on the side wall.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sandy,
you can run 35s on stock suspension if you go with flat fenders, but you will not have much articulation. you won't be able to disconnect at all, and it could end up rubbing a little on heavy road bumps.
But it does work. I've run 35x12.5R17s on my JKUR for 2 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts