Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try to run? Currently have 33s and would like to eventually go bigger without spending the money to lift. Not planning to off road as this is a daily driver.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
For lift, non is needed for 35's with no off road. Mild off road will require flat fenders and possibly bump stops. Anything more will require lift.

The only other thing is, is depending on your wheels (stock or aftermarket) 35's may rub when turning due to backspace.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've got no lift and 35's. Makes the 35's look bigger than 35's if you've got zero lift. I like the lcog look though. Eventually I want to go to 37's but that costs real money. 35's no lift, 3.73 manual.

The only gotcha is you have to have flat fenders or cut the factory ones. And if you have rubi rails you have to trim them down. And my kevlars rubbed the bumper on full lock. So you either have to cut the front bumper into a stubby/middy or get a new one. Bumper rub might not be an issue with you though. I have 3.75 backspacing on the wheels so it sticks out a bit more than most others.

I never liked any of the cut fenders ones so I bought Aries. All 4 for $600 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had 35" Duratracs on my last JKU with only the TF performance leveling kit. I did have aftermarket wheels to provide the offset I needed, but I had no rubbing on the road or in mild offroad conditions. Never got into any serious offroad/flex situations but I do think it would have rubbed the stock fenders under full flex.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have aftermarket rims with the proper backspace. I believe the maximum size per Teraflex with the leveling kit is 305 70 17 which equates to a 34. Not sure if it makes sense to go from a 33 to a 34 though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have any pics? Thank you!

I had 35" Duratracs on my last JKU with only the TF performance leveling kit. I did have aftermarket wheels to provide the offset I needed, but I had no rubbing on the road or in mild offroad conditions. Never got into any serious offroad/flex situations but I do think it would have rubbed the stock fenders under full flex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts