Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, it's true....If you're thinking of 33's, save yourself some $$ and just get 35's :D. I decided to daily drive my Jeep over the winter and my 33" KM2's were just not good enough in the snow for me. Since I was getting new tires, I might as well get bigger ones right? I just ordered some 35" Duratracs and the smallest lift I could find that would work for my 99% street driving, AEV's 2" spacer lift. I also bought an inexpensive tire mount extender just in case the 35" doesn't fit well enough. Should have it all installed by the end of the week :dance:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Subscribed X 2

I already installed my AEV 2 inch leveling kit.
Spring come I will be looking for wheels and tires. I am thinking 35's but I am little scared.
Please keep us posted (and with photos if possible).
Also tell us about your wheels.
New ? What kind, size, weight ? Backspacing ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm keeping my aev pintlers, 4.75 bs. Will post pics.
Subscribed X 2

I already installed my AEV 2 inch leveling kit.
Spring come I will be looking for wheels and tires. I am thinking 35's but I am little scared.
Please keep us posted (and with photos if possible).
Also tell us about your wheels.
New ? What kind, size, weight ? Backspacing ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm keeping my aev pintlers, 4.75 bs. Will post pics.
When you say 35" DuraTracs to go with your Pintlers, you mean 315/70R17's, right? That's the size I'm looking at ordering, too. If you don't mind, could you tell us which vendor you ordered from, and at what price?

Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sorry but KM2s are mud-tires.. Regardless of what size they are, they are "OK" in fluffy snow but garbage on ice.

Duratrac's have the "snow flake" here in Quebec on the sidewall, which is required for any non-LT winter tire by law. LT tires will no longer be legal in winter in Quebec either after 2014. So, you are comparing a tire that has been rated for winter vs. one that is not.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you say 35" DuraTracs to go with your Pintlers, you mean 315/70R17's, right? That's the size I'm looking at ordering, too. If you don't mind, could you tell us which vendor you ordered from, and at what price?

Thanks! :thumb:
Yes 315/70/17. $326 each installed from my local tire shop.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
If the jeep bug gets you. Youll be selling those 35s soon and buying 37s a.d a 4/5" lift
This.

You went from a known MT that is bad in the snow to a AT that is snow rated and studded? That'll do ya.

·
Registered
428 Posts
:popcorn: SUBSCRIBED!!!

I'm in the process as well of ordering bigger tires and wheels
Toyo Open Country MT or AT II's [35x12.5x20] on Rockstars 20's.. :eek:
AEV 2" spacer kit but adding geometry correction kit and the pro cal.
I'll be doing 99% street so I'm not worried about any rubbing

Please please don't call the thread police on me because I mentioned 20's :whistling:

cheers,
Charles

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it back last night and I love it :dance: They removed the front airdam as it rubbed, but everything else looks fine. I was worried that they would look too big, but it's perfect. I'm amazed how much quieter the Duratracs are! I only managed to snap a few quick pictures this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looks good, how far do the tires extend beyond the fenders? If you have any pictures from the front or rear that would be great. Been considering going from 285/70/17s to the same size but do they want the tires to extend much beyond the fenders, plus it could be tough getting an inspection sticker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:thumb: thanks for the updates. i just ordered my lift and have to wait on the $ for the rims and tires i want.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts