Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Pro Comp Xtreme 35s on my stock Willy's wheels.

I also have spidertrax 1.75" spacers installed. I still have a point at full turn where my wheels hit my Metalcloak front control arms.

Do I need different wheels to stop this? Bigger spacers?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,438 Posts
add a washer to your steering stops or just don't worry about it How often are you at full turn and when you are you are going to be going 2mph or less.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
add a washer to your steering stops or just don't worry about it How often are you at full turn and when you are you are going to be going 2mph or less.
Well, it happens at least once a day. The parking in my community is tight, when I back into my space it happens.

It's an unsettling feel when it happens. I'll look into steering washers! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
My 35's rubbed my control arms on my drivers side and I'm using 9 inch wide wheels with 4.5 inches of BS. I like the look of a wide stance so I added 1.5 inch wheel spacers and it eliminated the rubbing.

·
Super Moderator
2,003 Posts
This is one reason I decided to use Synergy lower control arms, since they are bent inward for extra tire clearance

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is your axle centered? If you don't have an adjustable track bar, it might be sitting off to the side. Measure from inner fender to outside tread of tire on both sides and compare.
It's centered. I have Metalcloak adjustable track bars and had it fully aligned after the lift was installed.

I'm pretty sure Metalcloaks lower arms are slightly bent to prevent this exact situation.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
It's centered. I have Metalcloak adjustable track bars and had it fully aligned after the lift was installed.

I'm pretty sure Metalcloaks lower arms are slightly bent to prevent this exact situation.

They are indeed bent for that.

Are you sure they are installed with the bends going the right way?

I run relatively high BS AEV wheels and 37's. No washers behind the stops, no rubbing. And no wheel spacers. I haven't haven't touched wheel spacers since I was 20 or so, which was like 21 years ago. I can't fathom that you would possibly need more than an extra 1.75", even with stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are indeed bent for that.

Are you sure they are installed with the bends going the right way?

I run relatively high BS AEV wheels and 37's. No washers behind the stops, no rubbing. And no wheel spacers. I haven't haven't touched wheel spacers since I was 20 or so, which was like 21 years ago. I can't fathom that you would possibly need more than an extra 1.75", even with stock wheels.
I tried to take a pic, just too dark arm. The bend is in the right spot.

The rubbing area is just behind the bend, toward the rear.

I'll grab a pic tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well. I think I solved it. They're on reversed. Pics on mcs site shows the treaded adjustable portion mounted to the frame. I have that part on the axle.

Thanks for the sounding board everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts