Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running Dick Cepek Radial DC- IIs 35x12.5x15. Stock Dana 30/35 3.73 ratio. 4.5 inch Rubi express lift. Five speed manual.It pulls them fine right now on the road, a little slow to accelerate and tops out around 75 mph on highway. Off road I can climb some mild Hills and Mild mudding. I recently hit a "headlight hole" and really had to get the RPMs up to achieve enough Revs to crawl out. Cost me a pretty penny getting front and rear bearing and seal kit along with new front drive shaft.(knocked the other loose). My question will 33 inch tires improve my overall situation this is my DD/WEEKEND WARRIOR. I want to increase longevity of my axles and improve on and off road performance without resorting to Dana 44s. And lower ratio. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you run 35s you WILL need to swap in bigger axles. but 33s look quite nice I ran 33s on my jeep for a year before doing the d44/9" swap and 35s. you will need to gear up to 4.10 or 4.56 gears front and rear here is a handy little calculator showing you what your rpms will be at highway speeds. I ran 4.10s on my 33s and liked it, not too much pep but just enough.
Gear Ratio Calculator

here is my jeep posing on a tire with 33s and a 1.25" BL with MCE fenders.

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
What ratio do you have now. Gears help a bunch. You don't have to rev the snot out of it to do things. Or always bumping it to roll over things. You can crawl at a lower rpm which is easier on parts. I noticed a big difference in the 4.88's from a 4.10 on 35's. If you have 3.07 or 3.21 then gears are a "should" do with the 35's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ratio 3.73 in the rear. I don't have a problem downsizing other than the fact I have a 4.5 in lift and I like it. Not sure how the 33s will look in their place.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire
(First Day I got it Hasn't been this clean since).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts