Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I MIGHT have a 07 unlimited rubicon in my possesion in the next month depending on when I can sell my 99 and im just wondering what it will take to get it on 35's ....Im a TJ guy so I dont know how much inches of lift will be able to tuck some 35's in there and also who makes the best kits for the jk now
thanks for any help/advice, Billy

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
2.5"-3" to fit 35's

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
No offense to Chrysler or anyone here who likes them, but I think the new JK is one ugly lookin Jeep. Far to remenisc of a Hummer. Thats just me. Although, there is no denying that they are capable machines.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
agreed, they are UGLY, but if u can get a rubi , go for it it will go anywhee, and then get the lift and 35's and tube fenders and new bumpers and your jeep wont look so bad anymore, otoh how much is it gonna cost ya to upgrade from the tj to the jk, what could u do to your tj with htat money?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I would stick with the tj.:D In my opinion they are ugly. The front is okay but the back makes me sick.:mad: Even if it was a rubi I wouldn't want it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I personally thinkk the exterior looks freakin sweet. My complaints are with the interior. The door panels are just wierd, the seats feel much more stiff than the tj, and whose bright idea was it to put power option in a jeep?

But with that said, I would be willing to ignore its few short comings and buy a 2 dr rubi if only I had the money...

·
Registered
72 Posts
with the 4 door the power option is nice. when i saw the jk in magizines i thought they were funny lookin, then i saw a test mule around toledo a few months before release and i liked it in person id go with a 4" rock krawler lift go to absolute offroads sight or message hime it will save alot of headaches to research alot before u lift. i love my o7 unlimited rubi enjoy dude

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No offense to Chrysler or anyone here who likes them, but I think the new JK is one ugly lookin Jeep. Far to remenisc of a Hummer. Thats just me. Although, there is no denying that they are capable machines.
I HATED them when they 1st came out but my friend that works for jeep has one around the block and it grew on me, I still hate the flenders though but I need more room and towing power and the mpg is alot better then what my tj's gettin now

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I personally thinkk the exterior looks freakin sweet. My complaints are with the interior. The door panels are just wierd, the seats feel much more stiff than the tj, and whose bright idea was it to put power option in a jeep?

But with that said, I would be willing to ignore its few short comings and buy a 2 dr rubi if only I had the money...

I think within a couple months the seats will be worked in, every new car has somewhat stiff seats

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
DW, you can fit 35's on a JK with some 2" spacers. Hell the Rubi's come from the factory with 32's now. :D

I know there's a lot of JK haters now days, but it really is everything that a TJ lacks and more. It's just going to take a couple years for the aftermarket to catch up with the ESP and differences in the suspension.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Yes it does have stuff the tj lacks but it's still ugly.:zap:

·
Registered
12 Posts
. The front is okay but the back makes me sick.:mad:
Eazy on my back side, You sound like a bunch of middle age women "her butt is too big" C'mon the world is changing and so is the Jeep.
If you can find a 4dr Rubi its the only way to go. Rockkwrawler 3.5 will fit 35's with no problem. After the 35's wear out you can upgrade to 37's with just some springs and driveshafts.

Now stop looking at my BUTT

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
It looks okay with the bigger tires and steel wheels but stock=:(

Nice jeep.:D BTW you butt is huge.:flipoff:

·
Registered
339 Posts
It looks okay with the bigger tires and steel wheels but stock=:(

Nice jeep.:D BTW you butt is huge.:flipoff:
TJ's are ugly stock TOO!!! What kind of wood does ANYONE get from a TJ "X" with steel wheels and 235's??? All Jeeps BEG to modded then they ALL look better. Tj's are even ugly when slightly modded. like this one:

:rofl:

Joe

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there anyway to mount a winch on the jeep stock bumper?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Reminescent of a Hummer is Bull. Jeeps were out long before and amc just made the hummer b/c they sold jeep to Chrysler. I think the JK rocks with 35's and a mild lift.

·
Registered
461 Posts
fyi.. he got a $30 winch plate from Harbor Freight and mounted it to the frame rails w/ grade 8 bolts. He then cut the factory bumper /cover down to fit the winch & rollers.

Looks pretty good to me.

I'm not sure if cross-forum posting is allowed but if you need a link, PM me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts