Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. In the next few months I plan on a 4" lift and want 35s. I am trying to decide if I should just go with 33s for now or the 35s I want. I have done some research and it says the jeep will be a dog with 35s. The jeep will only see some mild offroading(snow, beach). How will the 2012 automatic handle this for mostly a street driven vehicle. I do plan on gearing but that wont be until about a year after I lift it. My old xj on 35s did just fine for what I used it for but loved it with the 4.56s. I know this is completely different so just trying to get an idea of what I am in for. Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey guys. In the next few months I plan on a 4" lift and want 35s. I am trying to decide if I should just go with 33s for now or the 35s I want. I have done some research and it says the jeep will be a dog with 35s. The jeep will only see some mild offroading(snow, beach). How will the 2012 automatic handle this for mostly a street driven vehicle. I do plan on gearing but that wont be until about a year after I lift it. My old xj on 35s did just fine for what I used it for but loved it with the 4.56s. I know this is completely different so just trying to get an idea of what I am in for. Thanks.
You won't notice any change in 33's and might not have a problem with the 35's.

Drive it and see for yourself.

I didn't like the 35's and 3.21 but I was going to 37's anyway, so....

Others I know kept the 35's and 3.21's just fine.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Do some more research....4" is unnecessary for 35's. If you have the 3.8 motor- 35's on a 3.21 will drive horribly. On the 3.6, it's somewhat more more manageable.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
He has a 2012, so he has the 3.6. Put the 35s on it. If you cant stand it then re-gear it. I couldn't stand 3.21s with the stock 32" tires, but that's just me, I want my Jeep to move when I step on the gas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know 4" isn't needed to fit 35s. But is like to go a little higher for looks and for a bigger tire down the road. I want this to sit at a decent height. It is also the 3.6. I think I may go with the 35s when the time comes. How does he stock trans hold up to the extra stress of getting the 35s rolling? I for sure plan in rehearing it just won't be for probably a year or so after the lift is on.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I drive at sea level with 35 Trail Grapplers and 3.21s no problem. Get about 17mpg city/hwy if I'm really careful, but most the time it's around 15ish. I do plan on going 4.56 to 4.88, but I have plenty of mods between now and that time.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I hated my 33's in my 2011 auto here in Colorado. I just upgraded everything to 35's and regeared to 4.88 and it's perfect for what I need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts