Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you have to do to your TJ to run 35" tires
Lift? Fenders? Brakes?

·
Registered
884 Posts
What did you have to do to your TJ to run 35" tires
Lift? Fenders? Brakes?
The general rules for 35" tires on a TJ:

To do it right:

4" suspension lift + 1" body lift + 1" motor mount lift + slip yoke eliminator (non Rubicon TJ) + double cardan driveshaft + better brake pads and rotors + re-gear axles + upgraded tie rod and track bar, etc.

To do the speed bumps at the mall:

2" spacer lift

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

To do it right:

4" suspension lift + 1" body lift + 1" motor mount lift + slip yoke eliminator (non Rubicon TJ) + double cardan driveshaft + better brake pads and rotors + re-gear axles + upgraded tie rod and track bar, etc.

2" spacer lift
Thank you

I have everything and more; except body lift and Brakes I may try Poison Spyder fenders instead of body lift

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm running a 3'' lift with a 1 inch body lift, trimmed stock fenders, and 35's... still rub. I had Poison Spyder fenders on my first Jeep and wouldn't recommend it if you plan to drive a good amount on the street. With less of a fender road noise is increased and with any puddle or wet road you drive on your tires will spray water on your wind shield, just as a heads up. See link below.

·
Registered
34 Posts

To do it right:

2" spacer lift
Thanks for this, you just confirmed me staying stock for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts