Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oka for starters I'm sorry if this is in a wrong section.....Now Im i the process of buying a 88 jeep wrangler and Im getting this great deal on 35x12.5x15 pro comp tires from another guy and I just was wondering if there was a min lift to put them on? The tires on there are 31x10.5x15 but there smoked. Just wondering if I can put then on or I need to invest in a lift kit and if so what is the best/budget friendly I should get. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
You'll need at least a 4.5" suspension and probably even a 1" body lift. I have a 6" SOA lift with a axle that's 3" wider than stock and almost rub. If the axle was stock width it would run for sure in front. Wheel offset makes a big difference too.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Stop, don't buy those! There is no budget friendly way to fit 35's safely on a stock jeep. You need about 5+ inches of lift to start, and that's not addressing the stock gears turning those big meats, or the weak rear end.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The rear end won't support those tires, it's notoriously weak. I busted mine with 29" tires COASTING down a hill. Ontop of that, you will be so grossly under-geared that you might just have to suffer with driving it in low gear.

You have a lot of work to fit 35" properly,

-Lifting (involved process to fit that much lift, longer brake lines, driveshaft work, etc)
-Larger fenders to allow more tire clearance.
-Properly spaced wheels
-Larger axles

The list can go on and on depending on how cheap or how proper you want to do it.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Replace the tires with what's on there and sell the 35s on CL and make a buck.

Everyone above is correct

If you want to put on 35s get about 4K in spare bucks and at least a month before you are on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts