Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Which super swamper? TSL LTB, etc.. most of then run very close the size listed. As for the lift..with the right bump stops it might work. I would however 1st upgrade your axle if you have not done so with that tire size.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Which super swamper? TSL LTB, etc.. most of then run very close the size listed. As for the lift..with the right bump stops it might work. I would however 1st upgrade your axle if you have not done so with that tire size.
was gonna say.. it takes more than just throwing on the tires to run that big of tire..

gears/shafts, the right axles.. plan it out more

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 4 inch RC, I put my buds spare 35 on just to take a look. No clearance at all. And I agree, I would look at a gear change and maybe axles, depending on what you are planing on doing with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MoA said:
was gonna say.. it takes more than just throwing on the tires to run that big of tire..

gears/shafts, the right axles.. plan it out more
It's a daily driver. I'm not going rock crawling in it. I've talked to numerous lift shops and all of them say it'll be fine as it is.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
what lift shops? that may be the problem..

why 36 iroks for a dd? no reason to spend money on nice tires if your not gonna use em

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
It's a daily driver. I'm not going rock crawling in it. I've talked to numerous lift shops and all of them say it'll be fine as it is.
....yes have half the county voted for change and look how that worked out... anyway... 36's on a daily driver.. not fun. You need to think about more than fitment. So its a street jeep great. Have you tried to stop with 36's swampers in the rain with the stock brakes? What about your steering? Lots to think about. Also with that size tire your stock gears are going to make the jeep be and feel slow.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Never mind the size, Iroks are SOFT. If you run those on the street, they're not gonna last very long. Why not go with a 35" SSR or the BFG MT KM2's?

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I think he's going for the "look" and couldn't care less about anything else. Let him run them he'll find out the rest the hard way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think he's going for the "look" and couldn't care less about anything else. Let him run them he'll find out the rest the hard way.
I ran 36s on 4 inches of lift total, stock gearing and axles. beat the hell out of it on and offroad, to this day no issues have come up :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah Super Swampers on the street are not going to hold up. Not to mention the noise is going to be horrible.

·
Registered
376 Posts
can someone explain how you can get away with 36's and stock gears?? I have stock 3.73's and 33" claws, and I feel like the Jeep has an anchor tied to it. 5th gear is useless unless I am going over 60 mph and the road is not perfectly flat. I can't imagine how crappy it would be with 36's!!... Any jeep on 36's must look ridiculously cool, but I imagine it would run like total crap.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My buddy runs 35's on an axle flip and 1" shackles in the read. Stock 2.5,gears and axles.. He is downsizing to 33's.. The ride, speed and "uselessness"(lol) of them is not worth the size.. But hey yall' enter "Jeep Lower Forty" on Google and check it out!! Since we are on the big tire idea..!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Works better with my 3 speed auto. I imagine on a 5 speed clutch it will be a little harder since autos stall up sort of creating a permanent feathering effect compared to a clutch... Unless its a lockup converter.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i have no problem with 33s on 3.73s.. i6 3-speed auto however.. even road in a jeep with same setup but with 35s.. never really had a power issue.. the 35s were a TAD sluggish for my ex.. but i had no problems.. i got my car to drive fast in.. my jeep is a cruiser :)

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
I have own many tires that are louder than swampers....my best friend got 47K out of a set of 35 boggers on his YJ. I saw run with it if its what you want.....but that being said, stay away from SSR's and Thornbirds...they are the worst ones in the Interco lineup

·
Registered
658 Posts
.....but that being said, stay away from SSR's and Thornbirds...they are the worst ones in the Interco lineup
I'm going to have to disagree with that. I've had 3 sets of SSRs to date and they are a great tire! On road the tighter spacing of the lugs make them a bit more livable, good compromise on tread compound so they last 30K-ish, on off road aired down they grab rocks like nobody's business.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ofcourse they told you it would be fine, they will get more business out of you when it breaks and you find out the hard way it won't last and work properly....

Maybe you should take a look at what the weight is, for a 36" tire, compared to what your running now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts