Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions out there for anyone running this tire and what kind of issues will I have for a 95% daily driver and a light to moderate off roader. My c's have been gusseted as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
Based on your use you should be golden

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm running 37" KM2's. I think the gussets will certainly prevent any bending of the steering knuckle. I will be adding these soon as well as upgrading to Synergy ball joints. Mine is not a daily driver but I do extended trips in it and I plan to wheel it a lot. At some point you will need to upgrade your drive shafts.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running 37" KM2's. I think the gussets will certainly prevent any bending of the steering knuckle. I will be adding these soon as well as upgrading to Synergy ball joints. Mine is not a daily driver but I do extended trips in it and I plan to wheel it a lot. At some point you will need to upgrade your drive shafts.

Yeah I haven't decided yet. It's between the mastercraft mxt or ko2. Both run small and are a lighter tire

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Any opinions out there for anyone running this tire and what kind of issues will I have for a 95% daily driver and a light to moderate off roader. My c's have been gusseted as well.
Are your tubes sleeved as well .. Usually the biggest concern with running bigger tires is the tubes bending at the C, which the gussets will help there. The other place they bend is at the housing(pumpkin).

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are your tubes sleeved as well .. Usually the biggest concern with running bigger tires is the tubes bending at the C, which the gussets will help there. The other place they bend is at the housing(pumpkin).

Tubes not sleeved. Just axle c gussets

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yep...your good for mostly DD...I've got over 35k with Toyo open country MT's 37x13.5x17 with no issues yet. I just rotated them today and still no issue with ball joints as well...

I also have full warranty so when my axle housing smiles or something else breaks I'll upgrade to the correct way to run 37's...

SC

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
From what I've seen, Synergy ball joints are not an upgrade. I haven't met anyone who has run them who hasn't seen premature failure. Terraflex or Dynatrac seem to be the brands to go with.

For the OP, I would recommend at least a truss, if not a truss and sleeve combination for the housing. The axle tubes are weak and will bend over time, even with only mild off road use with 37's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts