Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to go to 37" tires and am having a major roadblock picking one, so let's do another "What tire should I buy?" thread.

Cooper STT Pro - lots of good reviews but also seems to be a bunch with balance issues. Seems to hold up well to mileage. D load rated

Milestar Patagonia M/T - new-ish and no long term reports available. Price is great but not if you have to buy twice. Lots of good reviews for quietness and off-road traction. D Load rated

Maxxis RAZR MT - Not a lot of reviews to be found. 40k mile tread wear warranty. highest price of the 3. Talked to a guy with them on a 2500 truck and he said they were quiet and holding up to heavy road use very well. Load range E.

What do y'all say?

·
Super Moderator
15,718 Posts
The only one on your list I have experience with is the Cooper. We did the 37x12.5x17 on our '18 and love it. So much so that I just put them on our '14 too.

As you can see below the 12.5" wide is "D" rated and the 13.5" is "E". The "D" rated is also 7 pounds lighter FWIW

All assuming you're talking about a 17" :D

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only one on your list I have experience with is the Cooper. We did the 37x12.5x17 on our '18 and love it. So much so that I just put them on our '14 too.

As you can see below the 12.5" wide is "D" rated and the 13.5" is "E". The "D" rated is also 7 pounds lighter FWIW

All assuming you're talking about a 17" :D

Yea, 12.5x17 inch. I must have jumped across lines when reading the chart

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Local tire shop just threw another stick on the fire. According to him, the Mastercraft Couser MXT is the same tire as the STT Pro with slightly different tread arrangement. runs about $45-50 less than the STT Pro

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’m in the same boat. 37x12.5x17. There are so many options.

I’ve been happy with my 35” Nitto ridge grapplers so far and was considering just upgrading to the same in 37’s. That said, I’m open to other options so will be following along.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the razr mt’s on my jku and they are phenomenal. They are just as quiet as you have heard, and the best part about them is that they are built extremely beefy so you can wheel hard and not chunk these tires.... the down side is that they are a heavy tire. They also look incredible and have aggressive tread with tons of bite. The only down side I found on them is that they became loud if I tried to rotate them to the opposite side of the vehicle when rotating tires.

I currently have the cooper STT PRO’s on beadlocks (because when I ordered another set of RAZR MT from simpletire, they were out of stock and offered me the coopers as a replacement at a good price). So far they also have lots of bite, are a bit lighter of a tire, ride very comfortably and are extremely quiet! You can’t even tell that I’m running on 37’s. I would say that the sidewall lugs are less aggressive on the coopers and not as thick of a sidewall. I also think the maxxis was a more aggressive looking tire. Also the coopers did take a lot to balance them, but they are also on beadlocks so that’s part of it. But they run great...... so there’s my take on the 2. As far as off road aggressiveness, the maxxis are the leader. On road, the coopers are a little ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the razr mt’s on my jku and they are phenomenal. They are just as quiet as you have heard, and the best part about them is that they are built extremely beefy so you can wheel hard and not chunk these tires.... the down side is that they are a heavy tire. They also look incredible and have aggressive tread with tons of bite. The only down side I found on them is that they became loud if I tried to rotate them to the opposite side of the vehicle when rotating tires.

I currently have the cooper STT PRO’s on beadlocks (because when I ordered another set of RAZR MT from simpletire, they were out of stock and offered me the coopers as a replacement at a good price). So far they also have lots of bite, are a bit lighter of a tire, ride very comfortably and are extremely quiet! You can’t even tell that I’m running on 37’s. I would say that the sidewall lugs are less aggressive on the coopers and not as thick of a sidewall. I also think the maxxis was a more aggressive looking tire. Also the coopers did take a lot to balance them, but they are also on beadlocks so that’s part of it. But they run great...... so there’s my take on the 2. As far as off road aggressiveness, the maxxis are the leader. On road, the coopers are a little ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info. Thx!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a pallet of BFG KM3 in 37x12.5x17 showing up on Tuesday. I went through the same process over about a month. Almost bit on the STT Pro but was swayed by some guys at Quadratec to try the KM3.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a pallet of BFG KM3 in 37x12.5x17 showing up on Tuesday. I went through the same process over about a month. Almost bit on the STT Pro but was swayed by some guys at Quadratec to try the KM3.

If the BFG tires ran closer to the stated size they would be on my list too.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Administrator
12,503 Posts
I run the Milestars but in a 315(35ish). have about 9-10k miles on them. Having run various other tires off road, BFG MT, Newer MTR, Super swampers etc.. the milestars compare well to those other brands, on road for a mud tire, sound level is more along a AT sound. They are a softer compound so thoughts are they will see increased wear vs a harder tread compound, say more miles than the avg super swamper TSL but less than say a BFG AT/MT. Over all have been very happy with them on the rocks or in the mud.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
If the BFG tires ran closer to the stated size they would be on my list too.
The 37" KM3 comes in at 36.5" so it's the truest to size BFG ever. I was glad to see they made the adjustment. Ordering 37" KO2 that were really only 35" was going to make me really sad.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts