Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
What he said ^^^^^^^^

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
Super soft. Not the best choice for on road. Rockin for the trail though.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
M16's aren't as soft as some of the others, but still... BIG and HEAVY.

They say they are highway friendly. You'll have to let us know how that goes.

The 295/75-16's were one of my options.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't resist...work is only 4 miles away.. So gas isn't an issue..I have 35s now.. But me being me had to go with 37s... Now my question to you guys is... Would it be better to truss or sleeve.. I have ball joints and C gussets already

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
You are putting these on an 08 two door? What gearing do you have? Do you ever offroad?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's an 08 unlimited.. Gears are in order.. 5.13 Alloy USA are on their way and I wheel moderately.. I live in the northeast so most of the time it's trail riding through woods.. Not a fan of mud..

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
trussing is always better.

way more work, but it is the right way to do it.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain here having ridden quite often on a JK with a set of 37x13.5 SS-M16s. They are surprisingly quite and have good manners for a tire that performs that well in the mud, probably due to the center rib tread blocks. The JKU has half doors which tend to allow even more road noise and yet they no more noisier than many popular MT's. The one thing I did notice was the classic thread slap you get when tires with the larger blocks like Mud Grapplers start wearing down.

IMO, they dig too much to be a great sand tire but that is tradeoff for a tread designed for mud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts