Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.5x17 were just delivered to my house and I thought I'd post a pic showing their shipping weight. I know that weight is a big concern when jumping up to a 37" tire. That's why the Goodyear Kevlars are always talked about. But after my research I found that the Nitto's are a great tire and they weigh the same as the Goodyears. 70lbs a tire isn't bad.

image-3327771450.jpg

image-2786926352.jpg

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I love these tires, I absolutely can't wait until this summer when I get my lift and these tires mounted to my jeep. Thanks for posting their weight, I thought they were heavier than this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to get my rig put together too! It's torture having all of my parts ready to go in my garage just sitting there. Too busy right now to get the lift, gears, wheels, tires, etc. installed.
These tires are badass!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Really like the tire!
Would you be able to confirm the "shipping" weight by putting a tire on a scale? Many times the shipping weight is kept low by the shipper. It would be really nice to see if there is a difference. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Really like the tire!
Would you be able to confirm the "shipping" weight by putting a tire on a scale? Many times the shipping weight is kept low by the shipper. It would be really nice to see if there is a difference. Thank you!
Shipping weight aside, the weight posted by the manufacturer is accurate.

Also, it's not just that larger tires are heavier, the impact of the tires is caused by all the weight of thread is farther from the center of rotation of the tire (moment of inertia).

What gears will you be running?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Shipping weight aside, the weight posted by the manufacturer is accurate.

Also, it's not just that larger tires are heavier, the impact of the tires is caused by all the weight of thread is farther from the center of rotation of the tire (moment of inertia).

What gears will you be running?
You quoted my post, so I assume the question is directed to me. My gears are in my sig., 4.10.
Where did you find the manufacturer showing the weight? Couldn't find it.
I am very skeptical this tire is close to 70lbs! If so, this would be my choice of a 37, if I replace my 315 DT...
Only putting it on a scale will provide the true weight!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Just put 35 inch version on. It's not the weight that makes them unwieldy, it's the size. Needed help getting them on my Jeep, lining up with the bolts. Next year was planning on going to 37s. Not sure if I will after putting the 35's on, plus I only got only an inch left before I can't clear the garage door.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's official, I just put all 5 on a calibrated scale and they all read 82.5lbs. So, the shipping weight tag is false. Good to see that they all weigh exactly the same though.

image-2063915245.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
It's official, I just put all 5 on a calibrated scale and they all read 82.5lbs. So, the shipping weight tag is false. Good to see that they all weigh exactly the same though.
View attachment 970594
Thank you for doing this!!!
80plus is more what I expected...
Shipping weights many times are wrong, same as manufacturer weight infos, especially for rims and tires... If weight is of any concern, put it on a scale :happyyes:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks for weighing them...damn, that's a heavy tire but should look good!

I just replaced my Nitto TrailGrappler MT's that were 295/70/17 (33's) and they weigh 71 pounds each.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
LMAO!!! So true! Excellent off road though.

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
I will agree, from everything I have seen, they seem to be simply the best offroad tire you can buy (them and the mud grapplers.) However, they do come with a price.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Yep, Nitto has not put the weight of their tires online for years. I ran the trail grapplers for a while too. Good looking tire but they seemed to wear fast.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Not bad for a 37" tire for sure. My 35"Pitbulls are 85#..

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I will agree, from everything I have seen, they seem to be simply the best offroad tire you can buy (them and the mud grapplers.) However, they do come with a price.
On numerous trips off road, the Nitto's I had handled everything I threw at them...rocks, mud...never an issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts