Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was bored. Kinda waiting for nice weather to do my welding and stuff because I hate rust. And stuff ends up getting it in the winter. It happened with my stinger I built over Christmas and it was a pain to keep clean til I got some paint on it. But I may actually extend the bottom the whole way not just the one section and cut the pieces out for the frame pcks to fit into. Then run a gusseted bracket down to the stock holes and bolts from stock side steps. Along with the mounts on the side. I think I am gona put a backing plate inside the tub as well. Dimensions are top 52 1/8 bottom 46. The front edge extends 3 1/8 inch and rear is 2 3/4. Holes are spaced 7 inches apart all across. Bottom is 7 1/2 on the long section and 3 1/2 short. The length of the long portion is 16 1/2. I can show dimension on the picture I needed. I will also be adding the tube step portion. Probably 1.25 or 1.5 DOM tubing. With 2 supports. I could use some info on bends etc if anyone has it.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
It will make you twice as happy to make your own Tube fenders look good.

I would go with 1.25" od and run a 6" radius on your bends. only have them out from your angle iron around 3" i guess. But go with sched 40 or so tubing.

Thats what I would use, but others who have them will know better.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I made step bars on my sliders I used 1.5 tubing and bent them on a 35 degree angle and cut them 34" long and made the step 4" wide to match the fender flares Im putting on the rear sprayed them black and put on a little grip tape where u step, looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts