Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find any low profile center caps I liked, so I decided to make my own. The photos are of my first prototype - I'm not using this one as I've changed the design slightly which should print cleaner. They fit extremely tight and I feel confident they won't sling off at high speeds, but I'm only out a bit of plastic and time if so - will remake them different if that happens.

What do y'all think? They aren't perfect, but I can get them close.. I'll post photos of the final caps when complete.

·
Registered
394 Posts
How well does that type of plastic hold up in weather over time? Just curious i know nothing about the types of plastics used or available to 3D printing, those pics look good though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's a great idea! I love technology. Is it possible to get a pic of the wheel from a little more distance?

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Fantastic! Any plans to share the design (thingiverse, etc.)? I look forward to more designs for our JKs and I'm also working on an idea to contribute because the part I want doesn't exist.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's fantastic! Looks really good!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ok, so you got me thinking...

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here are some other ideas I'm tossing around..
Nice work. I thought about doing something like that. What software are you using to design these? What type of printer do you have? I've been working with 3D printers for years now. Used to work for a company that sold them. Now I run two 3D printers at my current gig. Working on designing /printing a rear-view camera mount for my rig.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice work. I thought about doing something like that. What software are you using to design these? What type of printer do you have? I've been working with 3D printers for years now. Used to work for a company that sold them. Now I run two 3D printers at my current gig. Working on designing /printing a rear-view camera mount for my rig.
I have a Lulzbot Taz 4. These were designed in TinkerCad along with my laser engraver software to convert the raster images to SVG.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts