Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2in BL on my 97 TJ and i have a 3in black diamond lift sitting in the garage ready to put on. With that what types of things will i have to extend or change brake lines, steering, ext. ?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
What kind of wheeling do you do and whats in the kit? If your going to be flexing out rock crawling then you'll probably have to extend the brake lines. The steering has a lot more with what size tires your running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its my DD so dont do anything too extreme but i like to have fun on the trails and im planning on putting 33s on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rick...sorry I can't be of any help...kind of in the same situation you are and just trying to learn what things to do to "make it right" the first time. Sorry your not getting a lot of help. Lift questions seem to not get a lot of attention on here...and believe me I have spent hours trying to figure this stuff out reading the forums. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
RickArthur said:
Its my DD so dont do anything too extreme but i like to have fun on the trails and im planning on putting 33s on it.
Then you'll also need a tie rod upgrade

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Just buy a nice aftermarket steering and swap in Dana 44s or equivalent strength axles so they will never break. Cause after you wheel it a few times you're going to want to install a locker, then you'll start breaking more stuff.
If your runnin a d35 yes swap in a d44, 8.8 or 9in

If your talking bout replacing the d30 with a d44, its basically the same thing.

If you want some real strength swap in a set of 1tons then you'll just about never break them.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

If your talking bout replacing the d30 with a d44, its basically the same thing.

If you want some real strength swap in a set of 1tons then you'll just about never break them.
I was talking about a rear ford 9" or i guess an 8.8 and front Early bronco dana 44, to keep the narrow size of the jeep but still be running full size axles. If you find both axles off of an early bronco it makes install fairly easy.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
CMA_Rider said:

The only thing a real Dana 44 shares with a d30 is the u joint size. Considering the Dana 44 was used in 3/4 ton applications it would be silly to compare it to a d30.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
darkproximity said:
The only thing a real Dana 44 shares with a d30 is the u joint size. Considering the Dana 44 was used in 3/4 ton applications it would be silly to compare it to a d30.
On jeep d44s the only real thing thats a 44 is the diff, inner shaft, and gears. All the tubes and C's are d30 along with the u-joints and the outer part of the shaft

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
darkproximity said:
Hence why I said on a real 44
Gotcha I read over that part

1 - 13 of 13 Posts