Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the AEV 3rd brake light that shows in the gaps of my spare, but I am considering some other options that would block that (license plate relocation or trasharoo & front runner campfire grate). AEV only seems to offer a 55w halogen backup light (IPF 8161)

My best option would be to find an LED light bar that has the middle few led's in red and controlled independently for the brakes, then the outer white led's as reverse & switched work lights.

I might end up having to fabricate a mount, move the AEV brake light above the spare tire and add a couple led work lights like the rigid duallys. but wanted to check for advice first.

AEV 3rd brake light:
American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).
AEC Backup Light:
American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).
Front Runner Campfire Grill (spare tire mount):
Spare Tire Mount Braai/BBQ Grate

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I have to fabricate, maybe I will make it a flip up to get the plate pout of the way of removing the spare tire, using the Tuffy licence plate holder and the ORO PlateLite (which has 3rd brake lights as well as license plate lights). That would still leave the room above the tire carrier mast for a backup/work light.

Tuffy FLip Up Plate Holder
Flip-Up License Plate Holder
ORO PlateLite
LiteDOT Plate Light with 6' disconnectable harness, ORO Direct

1 - 2 of 2 Posts