Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
The 3rd brake light on my 2011 JK will not work. The other brake lights work fine, I know they are on a different circuit. I replace the head, but still no good. The 10 amp fuse is good. I checked the wiring from the rear cargo area , through the tailgate, up to the unit, but no juice. There are no contacts on the tailgate to check. No electrical mods made.
My plan B will be to just eliminate the unit, since it is not required for inspection down here. But, if it is a simple fix, I would rather keep it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If your main brake lights work, tap into those for the 3rd brake light. Should be a simple fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response jkudave... Would splicing into the main brakes result in the 3rd brake light to activate when I use my lights during night driving?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Thanks for the quick response jkudave... Would splicing into the main brakes result in the 3rd brake light to activate when I use my lights during night driving?
If done correctly, no.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts