Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have just been bounced around on my third brake light by the Virginia Vehicle Inspection system and wanted to help out other that may run into similar problems installing a new third brake light.

When I bought my Ace Bumper and tire carrier I was eager to throw away that ugly stick that served as a third brake light. First off check you stated laws, you may need to have a third brake light and I've seen several mods that work good with it.

However, I threw mine away. When I went to get my vehicle inspected here in Virginia, it failed because of no 3rd brake light.

I went and purchased the following Delta lights for my jeep and with about 30 minutes of effort it was installed.

Amazon.com: Delta 01-6581-50 LED Lug Nut Light Kit: Automotive

Took it back to the inspector and he failed it again, because he said the lights weren't stamped DOT. At this point I went and found the only brake light that said they were DOT approved. These were from Body Armor and went ahead and ordered them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GETIBG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When these arrived I checked for a stamp and couldn't find anything identifying them as DOT approved.

At this point I'm ready to give up, so I start to take apart the first pair and start looking them over real close. There was an SAE/DOT stamp on them that was hidden by the grommet. Took it back to the inspector and this time it passed. If your looking for a third brake light and it needs to pass a state inspection, then get the Delta and make sure you know where the DOT stamp is and can show the inspector.

Reactions: membrain

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm getting ready to put on a body mounted DV8 tire carrier and will have the same issue. How are the Delta lights attached? My tire carrier actually has a single big wing nut kinda of thing to hold the tire on.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I know New Jersey is the pits for the most part. But every time I read about the utter nonsense that just about every other state has to deal with as far as vehicle inspections are concerned, I am thankful that NJ has abandoned safety inspection for emissions only.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I know New Jersey is the pits for the most part. But every time I read about the utter nonsense that just about every other state has to deal with as far as vehicle inspections are concerned, I am thankful that NJ has abandoned safety inspection for emissions only.
Very true but there are enough local donut eaters looking for revenue that you still aren't safe from tickets. Way too many police for the population and they certainly don't deter actual crime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Very true but there are enough local donut eaters looking for revenue that you still aren't safe from tickets. Way too many police for the population and they certainly don't deter actual crime

Follow the law and you won't get a ticket.

Unfortunately NJ is blessed with three stellar cities that double as cesspools. So the perception is that crime is high. The vast majority of NJ is safe and sound. This includes my town so I feel the police presence there is doing a fine job in deterring crime.
But after reading your statement its pretty clear the way you feel towards us, so I guess anything I say won't change your mind.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Unfortunately NJ is blessed with three stellar cities that double as cesspools. So the perception is that crime is high. The vast majority of NJ is safe and sound. This includes my town so I feel the police presence there is doing a fine job in deterring crime.
But after reading your statement its pretty clear the way you feel towards us, so I guess anything I say won't change your mind.
So your one of those revenue/public safety officer guarding saddle brook or berdards twp?....

Lots of places in NJ would be crime free with no police so the invent things to do. Not my idea of serve and protect.

I write PPL insurance so not buying into the good guy speal. I see it all and it ain't pretty

·
Registered
814 Posts

Just curious if you work in Btown. If you do it's a perfect example of why folks feel the way they do these days. I know I have a slightly negative view point but cutting claim checks for six figures on a consistent basis will do that to anyone.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
So your one of those revenue/public safety officer guarding saddle brook or berdards twp?....

Lots of places in NJ would be crime free with no police so the invent things to do. Not my idea of serve and protect.

I write PPL insurance so not buying into the good guy speal. I see it all and it ain't pretty

I used to be one of those revenue/public officers. We did a fine job of protecting and serving, mostly of people who appreciated us. Every time I found a mouth crusading that police need to be investigating real crime, they were referring to any other crime that the mouth was not committing at that time.

Reactions: jgraz

·
Registered
814 Posts
I used to be one of those revenue/public officers. We did a fine job of protecting and serving, mostly of people who appreciated us. Every time I found a mouth crusading that police need to be investigating real crime, they were referring to any other crime that the mouth was not committing at that time.
So you weren't guarding a street light while someone changed the bulb? I had my jeep broken into about two weeks ago so guess my taxes didn't stretch far enough this year to cover my side of town.

When seconds count police are only minutes away. Or in my case not around.

And you guys wonder why-lol

Have you sued your chief of police? Seems to be the trend these days if they aren't sentenced to 17 years in prison or under FBI investigation like the last couple in Bordentown.

One town out of over six hundred. Guess how many claims I see a day.....had one cop get drunk at a town function. So much so he dove into a pool with no water and then subsequently filed a wc claim for being injured on duty. Sad to say he got paid.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
And because the police weren't guarding your property, you blame the police your Jeep was broken into? Seems in your pristine neighborhood where police are not required you should've taken precautions and parked in your garage.

You seem upset. Hillary's loss got you down?

Reactions: jgraz

·
Administrator
42,610 Posts
I am afraid this thread has gone way off course.

It is now closed because it violates Wrangler Forum community guidelines that state:

• We will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of such bigotry from others. The berating of any Law Enforcement Officer, Veteran or Active Duty Member of the Military is prohibited.

:locked:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.