Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got into an accident that involved me t-boning a old POS toyota camry that made a left in front of me, so my jeeps front fenders, grill are bent. my front bumper got pushed in sense it was welded on the frame an 1.5" away from being flush and my motor bracket broke so the passenger side of the motor fell down cause my oil filter to be crushed so idk if it fixable yet cause i haven't pulled the motor out so i was curious on how hard a 4.0 swap will be?

i wanna do a 4.0 but does it matter where the 4.o came from as of jeep years, like will a grand Cherokee 4.0 work?

what about power steering because as of right now my jeep isn't power steering.

thanks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Unless you have a free 4.0 or really like that motor I would do the 4.3 swap from a blazer you will have the same time and money. Your 2.5 motor mounts are welded in. If you move the 4.3 right
U wont have to cut the shafts..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you have a free 4.0 or really like that motor I would do the 4.3 swap from a blazer you will have the same time and money. Your 2.5 motor mounts are welded in. If you move the 4.3 right
U wont have to cut the shafts..

my motor mounts on the frame rails aren't broken lol its the bracket that bolts to the block that broke. i want to do a 4.0

·
Registered
514 Posts
The motor mounts are different between 4.0 and 2.5 the cherokee motors have some more computer stuff to swap I believe the water pump is wrong

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going to pick up a frame from a wrangler 4.o and repaint it and put the 4.o and trans on and plumb it. then when its ready ill put my tub on it. this way i can drive mine for now once i fix the motor mounts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Need yj water pump yj oil and temp sensors temp will read 30 degrees hi.. cherokee fan shround unless you go electric. Rad and heater core hoses.. drive shaft lengtss need to be changed.. you can use factory harness just have to add wires for two injectors.. transfer case needs clocked to fit skid plate

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Need yj water pump yj oil and temp sensors temp will read 30 degrees hi.. cherokee fan shround unless you go electric. Rad and heater core hoses.. drive shaft lengtss need to be changed.. you can use factory harness just have to add wires for two injectors.. transfer case needs clocked to fit skid plate
do i just need to splice in 2 wires off the existing injector wires ? what do you mean that the transfer case needs to be clocked ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts