Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nope....

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
If you're staying pre 95 you'll have to: relocate the frame bracketry for the motor mounts, swap transmissions, swap transfer case input gear, driveshafts, add 2 injector plugins to the wiring harness.. thats just a short list, im sure i've left something off

post 95 is a bit more difficult since you wont have a complete OBD1 4L to swap components over to retain OBD1..

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Best bet if you want to do this, get a donor rig like an XJ, MJ or another wrangler.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
I wouldn't say you'd need a donor rig, there isn't that much that you need off another jeep to warrant buying a whole other vehicle.. 2 injector leads from the wiring harness and a complete motor is all you need from it.. also the accessory mounting brackets for ac and alternator are different depending on the year.. and the xj/mj has a different fan/water pump setup so those will need to be figured out as well..

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Unless you got a screaming deal on an xj id say get junkyard parts.. and yes, an ecu.. its 6 now and I haven't slept :-(

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I want a 4.0 or a v8 I think I would by a xj more than likely. Easier to get and I know lots of peeps with xj so I could part it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts