Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did put a 4.0 tb on my 2.5 6 months ago and havent really had issues. It always goes to 2000 rpms when i start it but then goes down to 1000 or so after about 10-20 seconds. Now it is idling low and rough though. It gets down to about 500-700 rpms and vibrates a bit from such a low idle. What could be the cause and how can i fix it? Can i just rakse the idle?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfbilbro said:
did you clean the IAC when you changed the throttle body?...how about the TB gasket?...is it leaking?
Tb gasketvis rtv so i know thats good. What is IAC, and why would it give me crap 6000 miles later?

·
Registered
142 Posts
The iac is on the side of the throttle body held on with tamper proof torque screws. What it does is let air bypass the tb, could be choked up with Carbon mine was perrty bad when I did it. Yours could be hanging closed which will cause the rough low idle. Go to napa and get the bucket of carb cleaner and soak it all in it over night then hit it with a spray and all the gunk will wash right off. There carb cleaner comes in a 1 gallon bucket so it's nice to throw odd ball sizes in it, plus if you pull the iac off the tb will fit in also so you can clean that too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts