Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
In the 15 years I have been messing around with my Jeeps I have never seen anyone post actual numbers for gains of any modification. I can tell you that I bought the Banks Power Pack and so far have only had a chance to install the cold air intake, monster exhaust and Automind programmer. It definitely sounds a hell of a lot better and I no longer get that choking felling when I am cruising up a hill in 5th gear. It seems to be "faster", if that even matters in a Jeep. Low end torque is much better and I actually have some throttle response at the top end now. I assume when I get around to putting the headers on and changing the cat and resonator to free flow it will only get better. As far as if it's worth it, we'll it's kind of like sex. If it feels good do it. As far as mpg goes, with the Automind in sport mode I can watch the needle drop. In economy mode it's way better than stock but there is a noticeable drop in power. I'm of the belief that if you are concerned about cost or have a very limited budget you shouldn't be playing around with Jeeps. They are toys. I quit drinking awhile back so I give myself a pass with this very expensive addiction. Just my two cents, about all I have left after this week's mods :)

In the 15 years I have been messing around with my Jeeps I have never seen anyone post actual numbers for gains of any modification. I can tell you that I bought the Banks Power Pack and so far have only had a chance to install the cold air intake, monster exhaust and Automind programmer. It definitely sounds a hell of a lot better and I no longer get that choking felling when I am cruising up a hill in 5th gear. It seems to be "faster", if that even matters in a Jeep. Low end torque is much better and I actually have some throttle response at the top end now. I assume when I get around to putting the headers on and changing the cat and resonator to free flow it will only get better. As far as if it's worth it, we'll it's kind of like sex. If it feels good do it. As far as mpg goes, with the Automind in sport mode I can watch the needle drop. In economy mode it's way better than stock but there is a noticeable drop in power. I'm of the belief that if you are concerned about cost or have a very limited budget you shouldn't be playing around with Jeeps. They are toys. I quit drinking awhile back so I give myself a pass with this very expensive addiction. Just my two cents, about all I have left after this week's mods :)
I had the same exact set up and agree! Great set up. I added bored TB and a reworked head and it really livened it up! Not a huge boost like a 5.0 mustang just "cleaner" and more usable. Seemed to smooth everything out. 5th gear on my old jeep was worthless with 3.73 gears however after all the work 5th was easily usable.

Old thread but looking to get rid of the socal epa trap and use a header that has no cats. Does that have any value? The plug and play replacement is cheaper but has the cats. I am a minimalist and if I don't need the junk I would pay more to not have extraneous hardware.

Wow nobody on this entire forum has any real hp numbers for full headers back system on the 4.0l?

Anyone can chime in,I don't want to waste a 1000.00 if its not going to do anything but make it louder.Help me out here guys
Why is horse peer gain so important? Buy a v8. I love the torque of the straight six. In crease torque.

i did the banks header cold air intake throttle body spacer programmer catback the only thing it did was lighten my wallet. then i didn't the banks intercooled turbo NOW THAT WAS HUGE IMPROVRMENT. and better MPG

junny hasn't been on the forum since 2011.

If there were any real world horsepower gains to be made (like on a chassis dynamometer) the manufacturers would be certain to publish those gains.
Drag racing uses high RPM horsepower. Off roading uses lower RPM torque. Any power gains from a free flowing intake and exhaust are seen at higher RPMs and pretty useless to off roaders.

BUT, spending all that money will buy a person "bragging rights". JMHO.

Good Luck, L.M.

Bought a good used header, like new with the 1st and last pipe having the flex section to help with breakage for under a hundred bucks, plenty of parts guys out there, the benefit is weight, flexability as old oem ones break sometimes, didn't buy it for performance, any gained is just a bonus.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.