Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Ryan and i recently purchased a 1987 jeep Wrangler with the 4.2 in it. The problem I have is that the plastic piece on the bottom of the air cleaner that sits on the carb is broken, someone has tried to replace it with a frisby and it is not ideal. I do not know where i can get a replacement. i tried the local auto parts store and they could only order me a different air cleaner all together. the new air cleaner did not have the place for the hose of recycled air to go on the bottom. Also on the front of the carb closest to the front of the Jeep there is a plastic piece that looks like it should have a hose of some kind attached but there is nothing on it. Can anyone help explain these things to me please.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Ryan12 said:
Hi my name is Ryan and i recently purchased a 1987 jeep Wrangler with the 4.2 in it. The problem I have is that the plastic piece on the bottom of the air cleaner that sits on the carb is broken, someone has tried to replace it with a frisby and it is not ideal. I do not know where i can get a replacement. i tried the local auto parts store and they could only order me a different air cleaner all together. the new air cleaner did not have the place for the hose of recycled air to go on the bottom. Also on the front of the carb closest to the front of the Jeep there is a plastic piece that looks like it should have a hose of some kind attached but there is nothing on it. Can anyone help explain these things to me please.
Have u tried maybe a piece of pvc pipe? Possible but Idk for sure. Now the hose thing on the front pointing to the passenger side?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Ryan12 said:
Quardratec.com they sell anything and everything for jeep wranglers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts