Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i hav a 90 yj got trouble wit the carb I see people talk about the nutter bypass? What is it should i get the 2150 motor craft carb? Thanx to anybody that could help me

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the Motorcraft 2150 from the EBay guy did the nutter and did the juice box upgrade on the dist with a TFI coil... Its like having a brand new jeep. In all it cost me 350, but well worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cplwillow said:
I got the Motorcraft 2150 from the EBay guy did the nutter and did the juice box upgrade on the dist with a TFI coil... Its like having a brand new jeep. In all it cost me 350, but well worth it.
What did this do to help the mileage? Still not sure what the nutter is. Can you help?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Nutter bypass is a rewiring of the system to bypass the computer. Making the carb act more like a normal carb with no controls.

That is why most just replace the carb, because the stock one is basically non adjustable and problematic. A new one makes it run better, because you can tune it for your app, and its simpler than having the computer involved.

As for MPG it is probably subjective, these jeeps dont really do all that great in the first place, but I suspect the better MPG is because they are going from a temperamental and malfunctioning carb to a reasonably tuned new carb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts