Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my jk is at Globex Performance having a new set of 4.56 revolution gears installed. I pick it up tomorrow and I am pumped.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just got my Jeep back with 4.56 running 35's on a manual tranny. Came up from 3.73 - huge difference. Better torque, not so much struggle even going up inclines on the highway etc. haven't taken it off road yet though.

But.. I'll probably never got over 100km/h again. (60mph for you folk.)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Just got my Jeep back with 4.56 running 35's on a manual tranny. Came up from 3.73 - huge difference. Better torque, not so much struggle even going up inclines on the highway etc. haven't taken it off road yet though.

But.. I'll probably never got over 100km/h again. (60mph for you folk.)
What never over 60mph again? Revs too high?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Got 35s replaced front axle with a teraflex 44 and revealed to 4.56 with a manual keeping it in 6th without having to downshift at high speeds is nice and takeoff speed is also much improved yes gas mileage is still rough at 65 mph but I filling up at 23 full tank in San Antonio that helps you'll be very happy with 4.56

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still breaking it in for the first 500 miles but what I can tell is the torque is a huge difference. Take off is awesome. I haven't gone 70 yet but I have a feeling it's going to be around 2700+ rpm

·
Registered
497 Posts
Good to hear. My son has an appointment next week to regear from 3:21 to 4:56. He is running 35's and hasn't used 6th gear (manual) since they were put on. My rubicon is an auto with 4:10 and 35's and seems to do fine but I'm interested to see the difference with 4:56's in my sons. I'm sure it will be night and day for him.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I know it varies but do you mind telling what you paid for the regear? I'm assuming gears and master install kit with bearings. I will be different but I just want a ballpark. Thanks. Sounds like you did good with that job.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Had them do my re-gear... Great shop and did great work.. I'm averaging 17-18 mpg with my setup mixed driving... You should see around 2500 rpm at 73-75mph... Around 3000rpm in the 80mph range.. Mine loves being on RT80 at 80mph lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know it varies but do you mind telling what you paid for the regear? I'm assuming gears and master install kit with bearings. I will be different but I just want a ballpark. Thanks. Sounds like you did good with that job.
I paid about $1200... That's with tax, gear oil (for oil change after break in) and flash cal..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts