Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I have a 2014 JK to door 6-speed 6 cylinder I put a three and a half inch Superflex lift with 35 inch tires they are telling me it's $2000 to do the gearing does that sound right to you

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks beast..

·
Registered
347 Posts
$1500-1800 is what it is around here for a quality shop to do it. I think labor is $300-500 an axle depending on where you are. Keep in mind, that depending on where you are, sales tax could be $100 or so.... If I remember right, Yukon front and rear with the instal kit, was $725-800 for the parts. The shop might be able to save you some on the parts but I dunno.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im getting mine done Monday for 1600 in Florida. The had some concern about the Rubi elockers so the price might have been a bit cheaper on the non locked axles.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
61,110 Posts
I would get a estimate from Desert Rate.......:thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my gears for 600, sweet deal online and then took them to the dealership to get installed ... 2K all in .. a little more than usual, but i figured worth it to have the dealership do the work if things mess up and warranty issues

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought my gears for 600, sweet deal online and then took them to the dealership to get installed ... 2K all in .. a little more than usual, but i figured worth it to have the dealership do the work if things mess up and warranty issues
that's a good point. If you re-gear in first 3 years does it void the warranty?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So do you guys think 4.88 is right or 4.56? I will be adding front and rear bumper and winch. Tire holder on rear bumper.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
So do you guys think 4.88 is right or 4.56? I will be adding front and rear bumper and winch. Tire holder on rear bumper.
The two are not that much different. If 37's are even a remote possibility, go with the 4.88. I'd probably go with 4.88 anyway. 4.88 would probably be better for an area with more hills, 4.56 better for highway driving.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The two are not that much different. If 37's are even a remote possibility, go with the 4.88. I'd probably go with 4.88 anyway. 4.88 would probably be better for an area with more hills, 4.56 better for highway driving.
I second this^
Rollin 4.56 and wishing I did 4.88 but I'm just outside the Rockies! Recently back from AZ and the 4.56 were ideal there (and I was towing a light popup camper)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea my wife drive the high way about 20-25 miles each way to and from work every day. We go off road but since its her daily driver we wont be going up crazy boulders. one day we will get a beader for that. so you would recommend 4.56/ thats what the chart says but doesnt mention any about weight of bumbers and winch changing what gears i should get.
wwh parts says $2000 and need 4.88, desert rat says about $1400 and they say i need 5.13..wtf how can to reputable companies be so far apart with cost and what they say i need??????

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh and lockers.. doesnt the 14 come with auto lockers??? if not do I need them??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts