Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 4 door mat fit in the back of 2 door with seat removed? I just want to cover over everything and I see one cheap on Craigslist.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Will a 4 door mat fit in the back of 2 door with seat removed? I just want to cover over everything and I see one cheap on Craigslist.
Yes, almost perfectly. I bought a whole set of WeatherTec mats for a JKU bc I found them really cheap on CL. The front is obviously the same, the backseat mat was useless, but the back mat fits perfectly with the back seat out. I was pleasantly surprised.

I drive around with the back seat out a lot so my dog can have the whole back area and this works well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Now this is weird. I called Weathertech AND Quadratec just last week with this exact same question and both said absolutely NOT.

Now I'm pissed.

So if I buy the WT trunk liner for the JKU it will fit in the rear of my JK with the seat out?

I need the one with the speaker cut out.

Any photos?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
.....and it will cover all the way up to the rear of the front seats?
Negative, only covers up to rear foot well.

I use the OEM 4dr mat without sub woofer cutout even though I have the alpine sub. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to cover it if you are actually using it for cargo. Still sounds great.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I pulled my back seat out the day I brought my Willys home from the dealer. Searched high and low for a mat that would over from the back of the front seats, over the foot wells, to the tail gate. No luck. My aftermarket subwoofer's in a cabinet to I didn't have to concern myself with cutouts.

I decided to improvise with overlapping mats. First, I stuffed towels in the foot wells and over the back seat cup holder to level out the floor. Then I laid down an old door mat we had lying around our garage. It was about two inches too narrow to cover up to the sides and a foot too long. I tucked the excess length under itself at the front over the foot wells. Then I put down a Lloyd "JEEP" mat followed by a Dirty Dog foam mat and topped it off with a Quadratic cargo mat.

The door, DD and QT mats cover up to the front. The door and Lloyd mats cover down to the rear. The Lloyd, DD and QT cover to the sides. I was concerned that the QT mat would slip around on the DD mat but for whatever reason that doesn't happen. If I want to sleep back there, I just take out the QT mat, toss in a couple of pillows and a blanket and it's pretty comfy. The dog seems to like it, too. And the QT is easy to pull out and clean.

Probably more complicated than it ought to be but hey, it works for me.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hey Dow.....would love to see a photo of that set up.

Thanks !
Sorry, I tried but I just couldn't get a good picture. I need to take the top down for you to see what it looks like. But at the rate we're going here in the rainy NorthWest, that could be a while

·
Registered
198 Posts
Has anyone who is using the Mopar JKU cargo liner in their JK 2 door cut out openings for the rear seat latches so that the rear seat can be left in the Jeep? Unless the thickness of the mat prevents the latching of the rear seat, it seems that this would be the way to go.
Sure you would have 4 small holes in the mat, and I guess that would allow water to get under the mat in some extreme cases, but it seems that it would be worth it because it would allow the rear seat to be folded up when needed and kept in the Jeep.
It just seems that us 2 door owners really have limited choices when it comes to buying a rear cargo liner. Most 2 door liners only cover the carpet up to the rear seat in the locked down position and that isn't much room. If the seat is folded, then the cargo liner doesn't cover all exposed carpet.
I'm surprised Jeep hasn't addressed this with a special cargo liner for JK that will allow the rear seat to remain in the Jeep and still cover the entire load floor.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Has anyone who is using the Mopar JKU cargo liner in their JK 2 door cut out openings for the rear seat latches so that the rear seat can be left in the Jeep? Unless the thickness of the mat prevents the latching of the rear seat, it seems that this would be the way to go.
Sure you would have 4 small holes in the mat, and I guess that would allow water to get under the mat in some extreme cases, but it seems that it would be worth it because it would allow the rear seat to be folded up when needed and kept in the Jeep.
It just seems that us 2 door owners really have limited choices when it comes to buying a rear cargo liner. Most 2 door liners only cover the carpet up to the rear seat in the locked down position and that isn't much room. If the seat is folded, then the cargo liner doesn't cover all exposed carpet.
I'm surprised Jeep hasn't addressed this with a special cargo liner for JK that will allow the rear seat to remain in the Jeep and still cover the entire load floor.
I thought about doing this but I just take it out when my seat is in. I have it in for when I am moving things so I figure the best protection it'll provide is without holes, particularly to spills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts