Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda liking this Jeep.

Here is what it looks like dirty:

This is how they introduced it at the auto show. Burried in mud and uncovered by firemen with firehoses.

Half Doors!

Fold flat rear seat

·
Registered
466 Posts
not as ugly as i had imagined but stilll...not a wrangler, they should just call it the new cherokee, its definitly a good alternative if you want interior room and dont want a liberty:flipoff:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I thought it was a very cool way to introduce it.....but ultimately........STILL NO LIKEY!!

I agree MMA....it's a great alternative to a Liberty.......but did I mention.....STILL NO LIKEY!

But who knows....maybe when I'm 60-70 and want some real comfort instead of a rough ass ride I'll look into buying one.....OH wait I'll just get an old WAG again.

Wondering how well it's going to do in sales.....will it be popular with the lowerd jeep crowd? I can just see it now....some 21's with some spinners, a few rows of 15" sub woofers :eek:

but hey to each it's own right? ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
The firemen had to rescue it from the mud pile, huh, what were they thinking? I would have had it drive out from under the dirt pile.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Worse yet it'll have a 2 wheel drive option.

·
Registered
191 Posts
mmasuperman12 said:
, they should just call it the new cherokee,
Exactly! It is the new Cherokee.
Maybe it's because I drove an XJ for 10 yrs, but I like it. I would like to see the interior a little less "car-like". Would I buy one? I'll have to see in 6 or 7 years when the price of the Rubi models falls to my range. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ill have to say it does look better with the top off, but I'm with everyone else on it, I no likey either!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't care what you guys say. :flipoff: I think it's a good compromise for those that need more room than a Wrangler but don't want a Grand Cherokee.

You're right though, they should have just called it a Cherokee. The Wrangler Cherokee Edition. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
i'm a jeep lover, and I think that plays a huge roll in my liking of this wrangler.

It's a jeep, it's cool!

·
Registered
31 Posts
where was this car show? This jeep wasn't at the LA auto show in Jan 06! will it be out here in 07?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
bad00jeep said:
where was this car show? This jeep wasn't at the LA auto show in Jan 06! will it be out here in 07?
The 4 door was introduced at the NY auto show. I am not sure when they are going into production, but my original understanding was that they were going to be available at the beginning of the '07 model year... I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong (again:eek: )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie to the board but a long time YJ and TJ owner.

This thing jeep looks awesome. It gives those who always wanted a jeep but needed a daily driver (I live in the NYC area) an option other then a plain jane car.

Any word on the pricing yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like it because I really want to see the Gladiator concept pickup built and the Gladiator uses the same chassis and the 4dr Wrangler.

With the intro of the 4dr Wrangler the Gladiator is one step closer to production!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the exterior of it. The longer wheelbase means I can tow my boat without borrowing my wife's SUV.

My problem is that the interior of all the new Wranglers is too nice. I'm not going to pay 30 grand for it and leave the top off all summer to rain in it. At that price why don't you just get the Commander.

·
Registered
327 Posts
anyone found any pics with a soft top on??/
oor do they come with a colapsable hard top Ive heard about

1 - 20 of 21 Posts