Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm gunna go with the rubicon express 4 inch lift on my 94 Tj 4.0. Is this a good choice? I would like some some input on mods I should do too, and wheels a tired. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Three things before you can get any useful feedback:

1) Post up some pictures of your rig

2) tell us how you want to use it (and what part of the country you live in)

3) give us an idea of what budget you have

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm in the same boat, looking to lift my 94 (which is a YJ). I have been recommended the RE 4.5" "extreme duty" lift over the standard 4" lift, but was never able to get a real comparison between the two. The consensus was always to get the 4.5" and then get some bilstein shocks. Still haven't done it, but it's on my list for this spring. Be sure to get a quote from some vendors directly instead of buying off their web sites. For example, you can get a decent discount by contacting Extreme Terrain.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have the RE Extreme 4.5 with Bilstien 5100 and I'm very happy. Plan on an SYE and new CV driveshaft. I'd keep it at 33x12.5x15 tires on 15x8 rims with 3.75 backspacing to keep ftom rubbing. You could go larger tires, but I wouldn't till you upgrade the D35 rear end with a D44 or 8.8.
Nice looking jeep!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts