Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I were out on the Dunes this past week getting our dune-on in our '95 YJ, when we spotted 4 presumably JL test Jeeps all masked out romping around on the sand! The 4 of them passed right beside us while we were setting atop Test Hill and by the time I got my phone out to take pictures....they were gone! :pullinghair:

Well......damn that! I wasn't about to let them get away from me without a photo, so much to the dismay of the 4 cyl. in our "Lil' Guppy", I slapped that sucker into gear and forced that thing to do unheard of things over those hills that would make a grown man cry.....but hey, it's a Jeep right!

Anyhooo, I managed to catch up with the last one in the group (after near flipping the YJ numerous times and riding the motor's rev limiter all the way out) and snagged these pictures while exiting the Dunes. They got away from me again and took off back up the entrance ramp... :jawdrop:

I couldn't really tell much about them physically from what I could see due to the exterior masking, but I CAN say that they absolutely smoked over those dune moguls and mountains like it was nothing! Looks like they're going to have some power and pretty good suspension from what I could gather...

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
Something these shots, the RZRforum videos and this JLforum shot all show is a full length rain gutter on the roof.

Could it be that Jeep has heard the plaintive cry of JK owners everywhere asking for a simple way to strap things onto the top without shelling out $1000 for an exoskeleton?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts