Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for a 4" lift kit. Any brand/model suggestions would be appreciated. Thx!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
What are trying to do with your jeep?

Flex on Benzo’s, Rock Crawl? YeeHaw Mud Bog? How much time will it see the street? Trailering it?

Budget?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Beatrice poses very valid questions. So you know, I got 4in lift on my 13 JKU with an AEV 2.5" Dual Sport.. just to run 35s - more DD not looking to rock crawl. You can run 35s on AEV and several other name brand kits all are very good. Check out all the instructions required to install by each kit maker. On wheels get Back Spacing proper to avoid rubbing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forum. Beatrice poses very valid questions. So you know, I got 4in lift on my 13 JKU with an AEV 2.5" Dual Sport.. just to run 35s - more DD not looking to rock crawl. You can run 35s on AEV and several other name brand kits all are very good. Check out all the instructions required to install by each kit maker.
Thanks for the info. I'll check out AEV.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Normally we cut off at about 3.5" for the max lift without requiring you get pretty crazy with additional parts and modifications. The comment above is also good... You can run 35's on a common 2.5" lift. 3.5 is still doable, but not required.

The AEV 3.5 Dualsport would be one of my favorite picks for a street Jeep. They focus on road manners and produce an excellent kit.

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Retired Moderator
100,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I would not install a 4" lift just to run 35s. Pressurized has some good ideas. Max I would go would be 2.5". As you go up so does the chances of odd stuff happening.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Don't go 4". It will be annoying that high and it's not needed for just 35's. One of the best bang for the buck kits and a kit you can install yourself is the Terflex ST3 kit. One of the vendors here can get you a really good deal and again, you can install yourself which saves you a ton on labor cost at a shop.

Reactions: snyder_brian
1 - 9 of 9 Posts