Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home yesterday to find Christmas came early! I ordered my RC kit and steering stabilizer from Anyone's Offroad and received it in 2 days! Holy cow fast shipping.
I also picked up 4 new (used) heavy duty leaf spring shackles for $40.
Now looking at the shackles and leaf springs on my living room floor I'm thinking how they would look red! Hmmmm. Ideas?

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
if you spray paint them, use the high temp engine paint. Only 'cause it has porcelin in it so its less likely to chip. Also, you'd have to get any oil residue off them ahead of time.

good deal on getting it! keep your patience, I had to cut bolts and heat things w/a torch... all sorts of little problems I didn't anticipate. Broke a puller on the pitman arm that shot a bolt across the room... oh yeah, that was a fun couple of days lol.

Well worth it in the end, and make sure you set it down on the ground before torqing everything tight. The shackles will be all pulled back when up in the air, let it set normal, and they'll look right. Then torque...

Woot Woot! Another ones gettin' lifted!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! Good info there. My buddy had a decent supply of tools, but not sure on puller for pitman arm. Know it it is a rentable tool? Also I am going to start the soak process of all the bolts/ nuts tonight with PB Blaster. As for paint I found red caliper paint which has ceramic in it. It's also a high temp paint. Going to do 2-4 coats and tons of prep work. Do it right the first time! I am also ordering red shock boots & for steering stabilizer. And bushings for leaf spring shackles. Body mounts REALLY need to be replaced but it will have to wait :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up some 0" heavy duty shackles from my local jeep shop. Sanded them down and painted them with caliper paint. Not bad I would say.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts