Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start I have a 3.5 inch lift that was pieced together by the previous owner. Appears to be only lower control arms, springs, shocks but the bushings and shocks need replaced so I am debating just buying a whole new kit so I know exactly what is under my rig.

My question is... what makes a Rubicon express super flex kit so much better and more expensive than something like a zone or rough country kit of the same lift height?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Nothing. Zone is touted here. Rubicon express mixed opinions. Rough country bashed a lot. Off forum opinions on your options I would get zone. Never heard a bad thing.

Edit super flex might have upper and lower control arms that you can upgrade to with any lift from a better manufacture later.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The price difference is control arm design, arm material, and the joints they use.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
What do you guys recommend to replace 4" lift springs. I currently have some 4" Pro Comp springs that are getting pretty saggy and I'm looking to replace them with something heavier duty.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Rather than buy kits, piece your own kit together. I love my Currie Johnny Joint control arms with double adjustable uppers. Savvy has some similar with the same JJs and I think Metal Cloak has the same thing but with an elastometric insert instead of the usual JJ ball.

I have TF springs but I got them on CL otherwise I would have gotten Currie or maybe Metal Cloak. For shocks I almost bought the Bilstiens but at the last minute got Rancho 9000s. I am glad I did because I love my cushy Cadillac ride with them set 4/3 front to rear.

Most of the low end kits just do not offer the flex and suspension travel and solidity that you get with a Currie/Savvy/Metal Cloak etc. And, if you do your own kit, you can purchase each item one at a time and build your Jeep ad you can afford it to a much better result--real performance.

When I pulled the RC control arms from my Jeep I noticed it took a significant amount of effort to cause them to move. The Currie arms move easily through their full arc and do not put huge twisting forces on the frame brackets the way those with the rubber sleeve and simple metal tube insert.

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts