Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for some bumper lights to mount on my Mopar hoop. Can anyone recommend a decent set of about 4" round lights? Not looking to break the bank, but I do want something decent. I've found many options on any given number of sites, but I was looking for some personal recommendations from first hand experience.

Edit/Update:

Basically looking for something like this. Yes I know that's a JL. :) Looks like those are 7" lights though going by the Mopar performance catalog and looking at part number 82215386AB.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had these PIAAs before switching to the Baja Designs LP6. Took this quick pic before completing swap. Shows the difference in size. The PIAA lights are about 4”. Also pictured with the Mopar bar.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had these PIAAs before switching to the Baja Designs LP6. Took this quick pic before completing swap. Shows the difference in size. The PIAA lights are about 4”. Also pictured with the Mopar bar.
Those LP6 look good.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The Mopar LED lights are made by Tyri. They are available in 7" and 4" versions, and they are expensive. In the aftermarket, you can buy Tyri LED lights in all different sizes and beam patterns. They appear to be well made, but they are fairly expensive.

For something more reasonably priced, look at the QTec 4" round lights: Quadratec 4" Round LED Lights with Wiring Harness

I run a set of cheap Kawell LED 4.5" round flood lights. They are great for our tight New England trails, and they fit in front of the Mopar hoop mounted to the bumper.
These are the ones I have (flood pattern): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JWG4P7C/ref=twister_B07LBCQN72?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Mopar LED lights are made by Tyri. They are available in 7" and 4" versions, and they are expensive. In the aftermarket, you can buy Tyri LED lights in all different sizes and beam patterns. They appear to be well made, but they are fairly expensive.

For something more reasonably priced, look at the QTec 4" round lights: Quadratec 4" Round LED Lights with Wiring Harness

I run a set of cheap Kawell LED 4.5" round flood lights. They are great for our tight New England trails, and they fit in front of the Mopar hoop mounted to the bumper.
These are the ones I have (flood pattern): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JWG4P7C/ref=twister_B07LBCQN72?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you for the info, very helpful!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Oops, I guess the Mopar lights are 5". Either way, my local dealer sells them at a good price:

More info on the Tyri lights can be found here:

Reactions: lioneljeeper

·
Registered
819 Posts
I don’t know if these are too big, but they are truly only for off road use and were sub $200 for the pair. They are absurd in how much they put out for the price. The lighting isn’t perfect, but for reasonable speeds on truly dark roads/trails, I don’t know how I could do better. If you are going for style, ignore me...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Another vote for the quadratec round lights. I have two sets of the 6 inchers, floods on the bumper and spots on the A pillars. They are very bright, look good, and were reasonably priced. The come in a 4” size too. As shown, I run covers on mine unless they’re in use.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts