Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been throwing the idea around of putting a shoulder harness bar in the YJ and putting a 4 point race harness in. That way off road I can use the full harness and on road I can just use the lap belt part(2 of the 4 point). In the Camaro with my 5 point I can't budge. Kinda the point. But I can't even reach my stereo. Can't reach over to the glove box. So on. I feel like the YJ won't be any different but thought I would ask if anyone has done this and how they like it

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have been throwing the idea around of putting a shoulder harness bar in the YJ and putting a 4 point race harness in. That way off road I can use the full harness and on road I can just use the lap belt part(2 of the 4 point). In the Camaro with my 5 point I can't budge. Kinda the point. But I can't even reach my stereo. Can't reach over to the glove box. So on. I feel like the YJ won't be any different but thought I would ask if anyone has done this and how they like it
I got the 3pt harness from Corbeau, it's retractable. It fits over you like a 4pt, but the two shoulder straps meet in the back to form 1pt insead of 2. Although with the seats I have it kinda makes the retraction more or less useless because it's real tight around the belt when it goes through the seat. There are other seats where the strap holes are huge, that would probably make the retraction work better, but the 3pt harness also locks into place, so I like to stay snug in my seatbelt and have gotten used to it. When it's fully locked and snug I can still reach my stereo by the way lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's sweet. I didn't know they sold them. I will have to take a look. I have stock seats so with the shoulder straps going into one I don't think they will fit

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
my cj7 has a 4 point just because that is what I had laying around when we built it. I just use the lap belt part as you mentioned in your first post but when one of my grandkids rides with me they like them..they think they are cool

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have 4 points in mine and left my stock belts in place and use those on the road. It's no problem having them both there for me

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harley and Black Ops are either of you using stock seats?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
No, have Corbeau Moabs in it now. I don't see why the set up wouldn't work with stock seats though. Shoulder harness may slide a little but kind of doubt it once you're cinched in

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True. I found a pair of Corbeau seats for $350 on Craigslist. Might take a look at those

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are sooooo much more comfortable than stock. You won't regret it.

And Semper Fi
I just might have to buy them then. Looks like putting off the homemade snorkel and rock guards then.

Semper Fi brother!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like my corbeau's as well. I have the baja ss and wish they were a little taller. But comfy.

If you do put harnesses in make sure you put the harness bar for the shoulder belts in the right spot or you will be worse off in an accident

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They look a look more comfy. As for the shoulder harness bar, I have all the specs for NHRA. So I'll weld it in right of course

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Are you guys reinforcing your roll cages before going with a 4 point harness? I wouldn't want to be stuck sitting upright with just the stock roll bar keeping my head safe. Just saying.....

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wouldnt trust the stock cage at all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts