Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a procomp basic 4" lift on my 03 rubicon, with 35X12.50 mounted on black 15x10 rims. my question is can i put a 1"coilspacer on top of the coils to make a grand total of 5" of suspension lift, and retain the fixed control arms procomp sent with my kit. Also my daystar 1"body lift goes on tom, so in total i will have 6" of lift. Procomp however didnt send a pitman arm with the kit and 4wheelparts said i didnt need one with 4" of lift. it drives fine with the stock one in place. so with the addition of the 1" coil spacer do i need to get a pitman arm as well as longer control arms??

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
5" with ProComp arms is pretty tall, that will give those arms a really steep angle which causes two problems... 1) the ride gets much stiffer and 2) the axle won't be able to climb over obstacles as easily due to the excessively steep control arm angle. Also watch your control arm brackets as they are known to tear on really tough trails due to the ProComp arms not flexing well in all the right directions.

Stay with the factory Pitman arm, installing a dropped Pitman arm with your non-dropped trackbar will just cause bumpsteer. :)

·
Administrator
12,635 Posts
I run Re 4.5" coils in the front with 2" spacers but have all adj control arms up front, adj track bar etc. And the jeep is 99% a trail rig, so not a lot of on road use at this point. Thus, not sure how it will be without the adj arms for you. Buddy runs the same setup, and has not had issue's and its his daily driver for the past 5 years.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just put a procomp basic 4" lift on my 03 rubicon, with 35X12.50 mounted on black 15x10 rims. my question is can i put a 1"coilspacer on top of the coils to make a grand total of 5" of suspension lift, and retain the fixed control arms procomp sent with my kit. Also my daystar 1"body lift goes on tom, so in total i will have 6" of lift. Procomp however didnt send a pitman arm with the kit and 4wheelparts said i didnt need one with 4" of lift. it drives fine with the stock one in place. so with the addition of the 1" coil spacer do i need to get a pitman arm as well as longer control arms??
Are you having clearance issues with the 35s? is that why you are trying to do the coil spacers?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I run the rought country 4 inch lift with 2.25inch spacers. The ride was exactly the same and the flex is the same. The only problem ive had was the death wobble wich was fixed with an adjustable track bar because the drop bracket for it wasnt enough. It actually helped me offroad cause now i have the space to tuck my 35's inside my fenders when flexing instead of tearing up the flare. Many say that it limits ur flex, but i know from experience that it doesnt, Yet again all jeeps are different. I tuck my 35's in my fenders with 9.25inches of lift(including body lift=3inchs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts