Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image-2049720792.jpg

I bought a '95 YJ about a month ago. It needs a lot of work before its ready for Moab or anything to intense. I want a lift kit and some 33x10.50s on it but I have some questions. I looked at some Skyjacker kits and the site I was on said they wouldn't fit my jeep. Why is that? Also, what size of rims do I need to have to put some 33x10.50s on it? Anyone want to offer some advice?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Interesting. What site? YJs are leaf springs instead of coil - that could be why. I honestly don't know much about skyjacker, though. Rim size depends on the tire size, ie 33x10.5x15: 15 inch rims. Unless you're referring to backspacing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was searching on amazon.com. But what you said about the leaf springs makes sense. I didn't think about I that way. Anyway I have 30x9.50x15 on my jeep right now. Do I need bigger rims to fit the 33x10.50x15 tires I want?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
No, if you were going 33/12.5 wider rims would be a good idea, but 10.5s will be fine on the stock wheels (assuming thats what you have)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They aren't stock but they are that size. I'm glad j DNA have to spend extra money on new rims too. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts