Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
305 Posts
Did a little bit of research and found this:

"Originally Posted by desert dog
Superlift is a budget lift. As usual, you get what you pay for and have to realize that corners were cut to achieve that price-point. If you are fine with this and don't plan on doing hard-core trails, then this may be the lift for you. Just be mindful that many regret not holding out a little longer to save for a better lift.

The Superlift shocks will have to go though; they are very stiff. The cost of buying good shocks may offset most of the savings gained with this lift.

Ive heard bad reviews of the BDS jeep lifts, and a lot of the full-size truck guys think BDS is junk, but I don't have any BDS on my Jeeps.

My advise is to save up for exactly what you want. Its cheaper in the long run."

·
Registered
522 Posts
I put the OME 2.5 on my LJ and I got 3 inchs on all four corners.
Do your research because when you cross to the 4" arena it opens up a whole new way to spend money.
I also did the ironrock adjustable trac bar in the rear.
Loving my lift

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
What are you looking to achieve going to the 4" lift?

I am also running the OME Ultimate Lift from DPG Offroad:

Old Man Emu Ultimate TJ/LJ Wrangler Kit | dpgoffroad.com

I'm running 33" tires. If and when I go to 35", I will just add some Metalcloak fenders and adjust the bumpstops.
^^^^The best option...! If your budget doesn't allow the OME lift, take a look at the Zone 4.25" combo lift. Zone Offroad 4-1/4" Combo System 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ J25/J26
You will be much happier with either of these over what you are contemplating.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I just want more clearance mostly. I dont really do any hardcore offroading as of right now but I may just order a set of Poison Spyder fenders instead of relifting it. I have about 4 inches of lift as it is so i run 33s right now.

I would most likely pass on a Zone Lift because i already have a 1.25BL installed. The only thing i would be doing is changing out my springs for .5 inches of lift which wouldnt make sense.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got the full suspension rough country 4" lift, I love it, no complaints at all. Flexes very well, and rides pretty decent as well. The only thing I would do differently is paint everything before I had it installed. They don't give the kit a very long lasting paint job.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got the full suspension rough country 4" lift, I love it, no complaints at all. Flexes very well, and rides pretty decent as well. The only thing I would do differently is paint everything before I had it installed. They don't give the kit a very long lasting paint job.
I noticed it wasnt very expensive which is why i had debated on it. I have the 2.5 RC suspension lift right now and it seems to ride pretty decent. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts