Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 TJ with a 4" skyjacker lift, and I already had some 2" coil spacers from my last one so I was wondering if it was possible to put in the coil spacers with the 4" lift. my buddy has a JK with a 4" and he said if he went to 6" he would need longer control arms and alot of other stuff. so i was wondering if i could get away with it or not.
thanks!

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Doing a 4" lift properly is expensive and a 6" is way expensive. Why would you want a 6" lift? What size tires are you running? What axle do you have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you don't have adjustable control arms i would refrain to add the 2" spacers! This will throw you drive shaft angles off plus your shocks might be the proper length.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't have adjustable control arms i would refrain to add the 2" spacers! This will throw you drive shaft angles off plus your shocks might be the proper length.
Thank you very much, i figured the driveshaft would be off a nice bit. thanks bud

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't like the way the jeep looks with very much body lift on it, but is there a safety concern or something about it? All I ever see on here about it is "it's a bad idea" with no explanation.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
I don't like the way the jeep looks with very much body lift on it, but is there a safety concern or something about it? All I ever see on here about it is "it's a bad idea" with no explanation.
there are safety arguments that can be made, but the reality is the safety difference between stock, a 1" BL and a 3" BL is somewhat minimal. the bigger concern is the fact that as BL gets taller, you need to start other supporting mods...like modifying A/C lines, brake lines, fuel filler, t-case linkages, fan shroud, etc...basically effected by separating the body and frame significantly.

also, the taller the BL, the more and more fugly. with a 3" BL, the fugly police will find you and kick you in the nuts.

·
Registered
278 Posts
there are safety arguments that can be made, but the reality is the safety difference between stock, a 1" BL and a 3" BL is somewhat minimal. the bigger concern is the fact that as BL gets taller, you need to start other supporting mods...like modifying A/C lines, brake lines, fuel filler, t-case linkages, fan shroud, etc...basically effected by separating the body and frame significantly.

also, the taller the BL, the more and more fugly. with a 3" BL, the fugly police will find you and kick you in the nuts.
Like I said, I totally agree that it looks terrible and I never plan to lift the body more than an inch or so. I'm looking at the zone 4.25" combo lift and I do plan to use the 1.25" BL that comes with it. I was just wondering why everyone hates it so much. Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
the taller the BL, the more and more fugly. with a 3" BL, the fugly police will find you and kick you in the nuts.
:rofl::thumb:lol. .......So I have a 4" short arm suspension lift (Pro-Comp), and have been curious about adding a 1" body lift. My reasoning is to put on 35"s vs. the current 33"s. Besides the "Fugly Police" not noticing, would this be an ok addition for the new tire size??? I know I could put on the 35"s as is, but with offroadin', I dont want to rub more than necessary. :confused:

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
:rofl::thumb:lol. .......So I have a 4" short arm suspension lift (Pro-Comp), and have been curious about adding a 1" body lift. My reasoning is to put on 35"s vs. the current 33"s. Besides the "Fugly Police" not noticing, would this be an ok addition for the new tire size??? I know I could put on the 35"s as is, but with offroadin', I dont want to rub more than necessary. :confused:

Thanks for any info.
yes, 35s will work on a 4" SL, with a 1.25" BL, if you extend the bumpstops properly.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
well it works for me, i like it. haha.. no problems what so ever, jeep has been used and abused!! lmao
glad you like it, but based on the past few threads we've been discussing this, it doesn't sound like you would have enough knowledge to know if there was a problem....

Well mines well built.
if it includes a 3" BL, it cannot be defined as well built. glad it works for you though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
glad you like it, but based on the past few threads we've been discussing this, it doesn't sound like you would have enough knowledge to know if there was a problem....

if it includes a 3" BL, it cannot be defined as well built. glad it works for you though.
Ya okay:rolleyes: Kicks ass in my class of competion, always in the top 5. hope to get it dailed in better for next year. Our wheelin is probally different than yours. but cant wait for Moab in spring. be a first for the bunch of us that are going down.:)

·
Registered
744 Posts

Thanks for any info.
I run a 4" long arm suspension kit and 1" BL with 35's. Its good but CG is higher than I'd like on tippy spots in the mountain. I needed the BL for MML for Belly Up kit though so I might swap to 3" springs to lower CG a bit. I'll do that once I can run Highline fenders though cause there is a good bit of rubbing with my current setup.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You should be fine with the 4. lifts are something that should not have the word "budget" in front of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts